I think I've bought the wrong size exhaust tips

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I bough the same tips that A4_Majik bought for his a few weeks ago (Click Here).

They arrived today, and something tells me they're too big.

Here is the standard exhaust, with the curved down ends

P1000447_zpsf7e5f9b4.jpg

And here it is with the new tips slid straight onto the ends:

P1000448_zps37499f7c.jpg

And again:

P1000449_zpsb314365a.jpg

And once more from t'other side:

P1000451_zps49ffc03e.jpg

It's booked in to my garage to have them fitted next Tuesday. I think I'd better have a word. I love the look, but I'm worried they might not be able to fit them on.

Last edited:
Reactions: A4_MaJiK
They look fine, don't be a tart :p

Anyway why cant you fit them?

They look fine, don't be a tart :p

Anyway why cant you fit them?

I don't have any welding kit, and I've never welded anything to anything in my life. Should I just shove some gripfill up there or something to hold them in place?

Don't they have any bolts screwed into the sides or them to hold against existing?

That's a shame, oh well mr weld it is then.

Better than the brewers droops tips yeah lol.

Reactions: jdp1962
They look spot on fella, I need to go bigger with mine now seeing yours

i think there to small
looking good tho

They look good Jeff. Don't know what your worrying about. Like Nigel says "Stop being a tart" lol :nyah:

Looks perfect to me, Infact i may just order a pair myself......
Get some pics of them being fitted

Looks perfect to me, Infact i may just order a pair myself......
Get some pics of them being fitted

I'll try. Officially, I'm working from home on Tuesday, so can only be AWOL for a short time to drop the car off and then go back to pick it up again after.

Nice to see the chrome.
My cabby diesel has drooping chrome, so follows the idea that diesel should aim it's crud at the ground, but still has the chrome tips (to polish! ;) )

The droop also hides the inner pipe, which is a whole lot smaller than the chrome add-ons. It's hard to see from the pictures, but can you see the inner pipe inside the chrome rings?

[Edit: Presumably you will have to cut some of the pipe off so that the droop does not cause a blockage against the wall of the new tips?]

Nice to see the chrome.
My cabby diesel has drooping chrome, so follows the idea that diesel should aim it's crud at the ground, but still has the chrome tips (to polish! ;) )

The droop also hides the inner pipe, which is a whole lot smaller than the chrome add-ons. It's hard to see from the pictures, but can you see the inner pipe inside the chrome rings?

[Edit: Presumably you will have to cut some of the pipe off so that the droop does not cause a blockage against the wall of the new tips?]

Yers, when I just slid them on to take the pics, the ends of the exisitng tips were visible inside. So I will get the garage to cut them off before welding the new ones in place.

Yers, when I just slid them on to take the pics, the ends of the exisitng tips were visible inside. So I will get the garage to cut them off before welding the new ones in place.

Once they are cut off you shouldn't see them, mine definately need to be bigger now grrr thanks Jeff lol

Looking good to me fella! Good to see my suggestions are catching on, be it the right orientation at that haha :happy:

Make sure you get some pics up when they're welded in place.