AH FabricationsSky Insurance

Thread: Headlight bulbs

Reverse Gear

Status

Headlight bulbs

Does anyone know of a good site to buy osram d1s bulbs have looked online and most sites are telling me my bulbs are d2s bulbs? but checked on osrams app and say they are d1s? Looking for osram silverstar bulbs can anyone help please my car is 2005 s4 advant

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Mine are d1s as well mate. Noticed that on a few sites when I had to get a new bulb
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

Reverse Gear

Status
    seems a lot of sites say the same at least I know there d1s bulbs now do you know of any good sites to buy bulbs? Thanks mate

4th Gear

Status
    No sorry mate, I just got a pair of oem ones off eBay to replace a dud one
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ok mate thanks I will have a look on eBay just worried icould be spending 200 quid for a couple of Chinese copy's? if you know what I mean thanks anyway

1st Gear

Status
    I bought these Osram D1S bulbs last year and they are excellent. Not blue at all, they're a crisp crystal white (5000k) and far better than the OEM colour: (cheaper to buy them from Germany)
    Osram 66144CBI Xenarc Coolblue Intense 12V 35W PK32D-2 Kraftfahrzeug-Lampe: Amazon.de: Auto

If you must go for the OEM colour (4000k) then the Osram Silverstar are again cheaper if bought from Germany:
    Osram D1S 66140SVS Xenarc SilverStar 2 Lampen 12V 35W: Amazon.de: Elektronik
    2005 Audi A4 2.0 TDi SE
    -----------------------------------------
    oem bi-xenons with AFS & autolevelling
    oem balance shaft replacement
    oem rear parking sensors
    oem auto-dimming rear view mirror
    Shark STS Remap 170 bhp
    18" S5 style alloys
    H&R lowering springs
    TP-70 DIY Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks very much mate that's very helpful will have a look on there

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah, I just picked up a couple of Phillips oem ones for £35 each. Think it was a stock clearance.

Neutral

Status
    Sorry did you try autobulbsdirect i used them in the past and there really good for correct order and shipping fast no problem with bulbs touch wood, found them of ebay then went directly to their site. I will be buying bulbs for the front soon of them only i wish mine came with xeons jealous .

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just looked at them really reasonable 170£ for 2 can't seem to find them any cheaper amazon was 200 think I will go for them don't be to jealous it won't cost you that for yours but I suppose they are very bright as long as they are working ok? thanks everybody for there help good to get some input of other audi owners glad I joined this site

Neutral

Status
    Yes there prices are pretty good but does help looking on google first see who is cheapest but also finding a review does help of the company supplying to see if their cowboys or sound. I used amazon for the chrome indicator bulbs instead of the naff orange ones. Yes wont cost me much but not much light of halogen .

Reverse Gear

Status
    Order them of auto bulbs direct they were a good price should be here tomorrow just need to get them fitted now seems to be a bit of a bad head to fit them? so I'll leave that to someone else will keep u updated about the oram silverstar bulbs to see if they are a better bulb than the Oem ones hope they are thanks for the input everyone