Badger5AH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

I am thinking of converting 2.0 gear driven oil pump to 1.9 pump......

It seems that this is the best way to do it I have been told, I do not know if that is correct.

The options are

1. Replace gear driven hex with longer hex from Audi with correctly centred parts
    2. Power max option
    3. Convert to 1.9 oil pump set up

Now I have saved my penny's and I understand that a conversion can be done to the 1.9 oil pump on the basis that that was bullet proof I am considering that. However I am told ???? That they have to drill a hole in engine ?????

So the question is this, hopefully for people in the know rather than those guessing, what have you had done to guard against failure and by who, who would you recommend.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    There's a massive thread on this subject fella, but for my twopennithI used KMB Sheffield
    2.0 TDI oil pump / balance shaft failure?

My input is halfway down this page
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

Neutral

Status
    Sorry mate, I have read the thread sometime ago, hence saving to have some remedial work done before the Big Bang, must have forgotten that you had mentioned KMB, they are local to me so that would be good aswell.

The long thread now has 991 replies, again I be a pain what would you recommend at KMB, have you had any work done there ?

I am now just going to go and scan the 991 posts and see if I can find yours, cheers for responding

Neutral

Status
    Read the thread and for d your posts, so you brought the parts from KMB and had them fitted elsewhere, where did you get them fitted and what was the cost.

I am keen to get it done, but want it done by someone who has done the job before and knows what they are doing.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald man View Post
    It seems that this is the best way to do it I have been told, I do not know if that is correct.

The options are

1. Replace gear driven hex with longer hex from Audi with correctly centred parts
    2. Power max option
    3. Convert to 1.9 oil pump set up

Now I have saved my penny's and I understand that a conversion can be done to the 1.9 oil pump on the basis that that was bullet proof I am considering that. However I am told ???? That they have to drill a hole in engine ?????

So the question is this, hopefully for people in the know rather than those guessing, what have you had done to guard against failure and by who, who would you recommend.
    Hi, i have fitted a Power Max upgraded shaft and whilst satisfactory, i was not very impressed with their work in report with the price- £350 is a lot of dosh for pressing a 5 quid bush and a little drilling ! It also retains the short drive which means the drive will still wear but at a slower rate.
    The best is the audi balancer shaft but it's very, very pricey.
    1.9Tdi conversion is very good but give's slight vibrations on idle compared with the balancer shaft assembly ! I would only do it if you want to bomb proof the car for ever, for me the replacement hex drive IF replaced every 40-50k is more than good enough !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    Hi, i have fitted a Power Max upgraded shaft and whilst satisfactory, i was not very impressed with their work in report with the price- £350 is a lot of dosh for pressing a 5 quid bush and a little drilling ! It also retains the short drive which means the drive will still wear but at a slower rate.
    The best is the audi balancer shaft but it's very, very pricey.
    1.9Tdi conversion is very good but give's slight vibrations on idle compared with the balancer shaft assembly ! I would only do it if you want to bomb proof the car for ever, for me the replacement hex drive IF replaced every 40-50k is more than good enough !
    Thanks for that, as the car is on finance and I will have it for a while I think I am going to go with the 1.9 conversion, any idea how they do it and what is involved ?

6th Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=Bald man;1953856]Read the thread and for d your posts, so you brought the parts from KMB and had them fitted elsewhere, where did you get them fitted and what was the cost.

I am keen to get it done, but want it done by someone who has done the job before and knows what they are doing.[/QUOTE

Hi mate, I used KMB to buy the parts from, simply down to word of mouth and a couple of recommendations through this forum.
    I paid £225 for the parts plus £100 refundable deposit on return of my old unit. The KMB remanufactured oil pump balance shaft assembly comes with the longer 100mm hex drive key. Cannot fault the service from KMB tbh.

I then had my mate swap out the parts (only mechanic I trust fully - 18yrs). I'm not sure what he would charge for the swap out but I will ask him for a price on your behalf if you like.
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

Neutral

Status
    Yes please, I would be grateful, where abouts is he