• 4 Post By t8ups
  • 1 Post By jdp1962
  • 2 Post By lukey baby
  • 1 Post By t8ups

Thread: LED H7 headlight conversion kit

Grumpy Old Man

Status

LED H7 headlight conversion kit

I just found this on Ebay. I didn't realise it was even possible to swap halogens out for LEDs, but this kit would seem to do just that.
    Amason007 likes this.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Nice find Jeff,

Wonder if this will have any affect with an MOT like with the HID kits?

Andy

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Yes, that's what I'm wondering too. I might show them to Sanspeed, see what they say.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Yes, that's what I'm wondering too. I might show them to Sanspeed, see what they say.
    Let us know what they say Jeff please. If all is OK might be interested in installing these.

Cheers,

Andy

5th Gear

Status
    Hi Guys.

These will never be like HID's or OE Xenon's, I have been running these in my daily a while now, since they 1st came out back in OCT, I bought them from my supplier to try going on that if they where good I would stock them.

you have to wire the fan in and get it to mount so it cools the bulb but all it does is rotate the heat in the headlight around they don't come on like a HID either, you turn the lights on and they will come on instant like a halogen so hard for MOT tested to say they are HID., I had it MOT'd in VW and they sailed through without issues at the end of july.

the kit I got has a smaller ballast and all is hidden away inside the back of the headlight, I have not advertised them as I have not stocked them as they are pricey for what they are tho.

if we had 5 buyers and you still wanted to try then I would be willing to set up a group buy on these, if not then get in touch and I will beat that price from HID direct for any ASN member by a min of £10.

Trups
    Last edited by t8ups; 25th August 2013 at 14:03.
    jdp1962, sidibear, SL11CKK and 1 others like this.
    SLOW REPLIES BETWEEN 22nd - 30th June due to been out the office, please bare with me. Thanks

Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

EM Tuning Lighting.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Excellent info, T8ups. When I get a moment, I'll talk to my MOT garage, see what they say.

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Any pics of these bad boys in action??
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Here's the reply from my MOT garage.

"There is no mention of LED lights in the rules but this is because they are new on the market.
    We wont know until we check the pattern,as long as the pattern is the same then it will be ok and as long as they dont change the rules in the meantime."

That seems to make perfect sense. In essence, they won't know until the kit has been fitted and the beam pattern checked. And even if it is OK now, it might not be in future.
    Amason007 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    I believe that leds are classed the same as hid kits in respect of MOT's.

Check out the inspection manual in the link below

m4s01000701
    jdp1962 and Amason007 like this.

Missed gear

Status
    Very interested to see what the beam pattern is like with the LED bulbs.

The pattern when using HID kits is all over the place
    B7 A4 Avant S-line Special Edition v2 2.0 TFSi - AmD stage 1 - 263Bhp 396Nm

5th Gear

Status
    it would not be too far off the Halogens to be fair, i have never been flashed with mine but they are no brighter than the halogen's, just the colour is a perfect xenon.

Trups
    Amason007 likes this.
    SLOW REPLIES BETWEEN 22nd - 30th June due to been out the office, please bare with me. Thanks

Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

EM Tuning Lighting.

Neutral

Status
    Trups, any pics of those in action? Installed? Price?

im looking for some ultra white fog bulbs also for drl as my led side light bulbs make the current ones look too yellowy now lol.