LED H7 headlight conversion kit

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I just found this on Ebay. I didn't realise it was even possible to swap halogens out for LEDs, but this kit would seem to do just that.

Reactions: Amason007
Nice find Jeff,

Wonder if this will have any affect with an MOT like with the HID kits?

Andy

Hi Guys.

These will never be like HID's or OE Xenon's, I have been running these in my daily a while now, since they 1st came out back in OCT, I bought them from my supplier to try going on that if they where good I would stock them.

you have to wire the fan in and get it to mount so it cools the bulb but all it does is rotate the heat in the headlight around they don't come on like a HID either, you turn the lights on and they will come on instant like a halogen so hard for MOT tested to say they are HID., I had it MOT'd in VW and they sailed through without issues at the end of july.

the kit I got has a smaller ballast and all is hidden away inside the back of the headlight, I have not advertised them as I have not stocked them as they are pricey for what they are tho.

if we had 5 buyers and you still wanted to try then I would be willing to set up a group buy on these, if not then get in touch and I will beat that price from HID direct for any ASN member by a min of £10.

Trups

Last edited:
Reactions: sidibear, SL11CKK, jdp1962 and 1 other person
Excellent info, T8ups. When I get a moment, I'll talk to my MOT garage, see what they say.

Here's the reply from my MOT garage[FONT=&amp].

"There is no mention of LED lights in the rules but this is because they are new on the market.
[/FONT]We wont know until we check the pattern,as long as the pattern is the same then it will be ok and as long as they dont change the rules in the meantime."
[FONT=&amp]
That seems to make perfect sense. In essence, they won't know until the kit has been fitted and the beam pattern checked. And even if it is OK now, it might not be in future.
[/FONT]

I believe that leds are classed the same as hid kits in respect of MOT's.

Check out the inspection manual in the link below

m4s01000701

Reactions: Amason007 and jdp1962
Very interested to see what the beam pattern is like with the LED bulbs.

The pattern when using HID kits is all over the place

it would not be too far off the Halogens to be fair, i have never been flashed with mine but they are no brighter than the halogen's, just the colour is a perfect xenon.

Trups

Trups, any pics of those in action? Installed? Price?

im looking for some ultra white fog bulbs also for drl as my led side light bulbs make the current ones look too yellowy now lol.