Newbie...a4 avant 2.0 tdi sline(170) problems..

Boy_walsh

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently picked up a a4 avant from a local garage. This is the first Audi I have owned and been looking for a a4 avant for a while as I have a baby on route. I was looking for a car that was still good for a blast but filled the bracket for carrying everything related to a baby. I picked the car up Thursday and after a bit of mucking about I was away in what seemed like a cracking car. By far the best car I've owned and after years of driving a van for work was great to get a bit power and handling back. When I left the garage I got less than 2 miles up the road and what I thought was the coil light started to flash. At this point I spun around and took it back to the garage after about an hour on the diagnostics they said it was related to the recirculation of the exhaust fumes to meet emissions and that it would be a build up of suit in the system. They took it for a spin and the light was off when it returned, the salesman advised that it needed a good run to give it a clear out as it had sat on the forecourt for a while. After being reassured that its there duty to fix it if it keeps happening I left in the car. Been driving it for 2 days had it for long drives to stretch its legs and the flashing coil light has come back on followed by the engine management light. just wondering if any body has had similar problems and what the out come was. It's going back to the garage tomorrow they said if it kept happening it would have to be sent to Audi for a going over. Just looking for a heads up so I half no what's happening when I take it to the garage. Thanks in advance for any replies and for reading the half novel lol

Welcome to the site.

Its dpf related & it need diagnostically checking to see what levels the dpf is currently at, they can force regens to bring the levels down if need be, no need to go to audi for this, but it depends how competent they are with the right tools.

Dropped the car off this morning there sending it to a seat/Audi garage to regenerate the dpf. Hopefully that will sort it out but after reading a fair amount of post on here it could be a handful of things so might be lucky on the first go. Getting the remap and removing the dpf and codes sounds like a plan just don't no if I can justify getting it done. The car drives pritty well except for the lights comeing on. Anyone know how much that would be? And a decent tech in fife? Thanks for the replys