Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

A4 B7 Sat Nav coding

Hi can anyone help me on this I seem to have hit a brick wall.

I have fitted a sat nav (8E0 035 192 T), bluetooth and MFSW into my a4 B7 1.9TDV SE, but cannot access the sat nav module to re-code. i have VAGCOM and have recoded the instrument cluster and the MFSW but it will not access the sat nav or bluetooth modules. I have read there may be K-line missing from the sat nav / wiring loom, as it was a concert II before, but do I need this to access as I found another forum which advised moving one pin from the 'c' wiring block to the 'b' block which I tried but it didnt work.

I went in to AUDI to get some advice and the guy on parts said I needed an SVM code?? I thought these were for B8 platforms and later??

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    SVM.. O dear, Audi dealers know F*** all about retrofits so it's pointless asking them. Where did you get the wiring harness adapter from, if it was ebay then it's most likely the cause of the k-line fault for the RNS-E. Look on the concert 2 and you should see the K-line (may be marked as K or K-Bus) follow the wire and it should go to pin 5 on the B connector if it's not then you need to move the wire.

For the BT module how did you connect to the K-line is it off the wiring harness adapter? Also do you know what car the the BT unit was taken from or was it new?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    As above, fix kline & then test, svm is irrelevant in this situation.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks both for the replies,
    The bluetooth module is an 8P0862335M used module off ebay and the wiring harness is a carsystems.pl which I believe is ok.

I had another look at it today and removed the RNSE and wiring and put the concert II back in but still couldn't access the concert II through VAGCOM (KLINE on C7). I then connected the wiring harness to the concert and the bluetooth module, couldn't access through vagcom but the bluetooth module worked ok and the DIS shows the telephone information etc. and I could use the MFSW controls to make & recieve telephone calls.

The kline was connected to C7 on the concert II. I re-fitted the RNSE and connected the Kline to B5 but still no VAGCOM access.

6th Gear

Status
    Have you got a multimeter check pin 7 on the diagnostic socket to pin 3 on the 8pin black connector on the radio, that should buzz out but if not then you could just put a temporary wire between the socket and the radio to see if that cures the fault.

2nd Gear

Status
    I've had a carsystems.pl loom before and k-line was missing.
    Work: A3 Sportback Black Edition 2.0TDI Home: A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line