JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Molnboman

Thread: PCV replacement OEM or aftermarket Blank off?

5th Gear

Status

PCV replacement OEM or aftermarket Blank off?

I think my PCV Valve has had it and needs replaced. Should I go for OEM Pressure Regulator Valve or blank it off completely using the Blank off revamp tuning kit type like the BSH one. BSH 2.0T FSI PCV Revamp - BSH Speedshop

Anyone have any thoughts.

Cheers
    Allan

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    blank it

5th Gear

Status
    Bez, do you have a UK supplier who can sort me out with this. I am back over beginning of September and can pick it up then. Any good reliable suppliers and do we have a Brand, code or part number I can use for reference when talking to them. Seen this BSH one over here at 150 quid...ffs!.....anything cheaper in the Old Country! http://www.stertman.com/ui/templates...tfsi_pcvrevamp

Cheers
    A

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    i always buy from BSH direct

its normaly the catch can set up i use

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Craig Cull's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    I think my PCV Valve has had it and needs replaced. Should I go for OEM Pressure Regulator Valve or blank it off completely using the Blank off revamp tuning kit type like the BSH one. BSH 2.0T FSI PCV Revamp - BSH Speedshop

Anyone have any thoughts.

Cheers
    Allan
    Been thinking of doing the same, nearly ordered one lastnite, but thought I would post a thread later... You beat me 2 it haha! is that catch can compulsory? What's the difference?
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    i always buy from BSH direct

its normally the catch can set up i use
    Ok, so hang on a minute. Can this be used without a catch can or do you need to purchase the catch can for it too. I have read that catch cans are not recommended in cold climates cause they can freeze up...and it gets pretty perky up here. Perhaps it may be easier to go for the OEM part...and I understand it has been improved over the original design....bit like the DV?

A

Neutral

Status
    I had a can freeze on me a couple of years ago on my mk4 Golf, scared the bejesus out of me :D

The problem in my case was that during the colder months it fills a heck of a lot quicker and I hadn't emptied it for a few weeks. You have to keep on top of it. I guess it'll be a darn sight colder up there in Swedenshire too!

I kept my can (Saikoumichi) anyway when I sold the Golf, been thinking about fitting it to the A4 but not done it as yet.

Pat
    /// B7 Avant 'Quartzgrau'

flickr

5th Gear

Status
    Cheers Pat......looking at how "reasonably" cheap the OEM one is I think I may have answered my own question. Found another link explaining the difference between catch can and blank off and to be fair....am still undecided on either route. I will run with the OEM and see if that fixes my EML issue.

Thanks for the feedback Chaps.
    BR
    A

5th Gear

Status
    Fitted the new OEM PCV this afternoon took twenty minutes tops and I think it's cured the EML light issue. Definitely reduced the pressure in the engine and revs aren't chasing at idle anymore, so am guessing the old PCV which appeared to be working ( still rattled when you shook it ) was knackered. The new PCV was a different design so fingers crossed that sorted that then!

Cheers
    A
    scotty76 likes this.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    Fitted the new OEM PCV this afternoon took twenty minutes tops and I think it's cured the EML light issue. Definitely reduced the pressure in the engine and revs aren't chasing at idle anymore, so am guessing the old PCV which appeared to be working ( still rattled when you shook it ) was knackered. The new PCV was a different design so fingers crossed that sorted that then!

Cheers
    A
    Don't suppose you have the part number for this do you mate? I'm having the same problem on idle. Did you go for the revised part 'P'?
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

Neutral

Status
    I still haven't fitted my Saikou can, but bought and fitted a new OE valve, p/n 06F 129 101 N (replaced the original rev.C that was fitted). Engine code BUL, model year 2006.
    /// B7 Avant 'Quartzgrau'

flickr

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

I've just ordered the revision N today plus all the breathers to go with it. Hopefully will sort the problem. Gonna fit it this weekend.