PCV replacement OEM or aftermarket Blank off?

Bez, do you have a UK supplier who can sort me out with this. I am back over beginning of September and can pick it up then. Any good reliable suppliers and do we have a Brand, code or part number I can use for reference when talking to them. Seen this BSH one over here at 150 quid...***!.....anything cheaper in the Old Country! http://www.stertman.com/ui/templates/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=bsh_vag_20tfsi_pcvrevamp

Cheers
A

i always buy from BSH direct

its normaly the catch can set up i use

I think my PCV Valve has had it and needs replaced. Should I go for OEM Pressure Regulator Valve or blank it off completely using the Blank off revamp tuning kit type like the BSH one. BSH 2.0T FSI PCV Revamp - BSH Speedshop

Anyone have any thoughts.

Cheers
Allan

Been thinking of doing the same, nearly ordered one lastnite, but thought I would post a thread later... You beat me 2 it haha! :) is that catch can compulsory? What's the difference?

i always buy from BSH direct

its normally the catch can set up i use

Ok, so hang on a minute. Can this be used without a catch can or do you need to purchase the catch can for it too. I have read that catch cans are not recommended in cold climates cause they can freeze up...and it gets pretty perky up here. Perhaps it may be easier to go for the OEM part...and I understand it has been improved over the original design....bit like the DV?

A

I had a can freeze on me a couple of years ago on my mk4 Golf, scared the bejesus out of me :D

The problem in my case was that during the colder months it fills a heck of a lot quicker and I hadn't emptied it for a few weeks. You have to keep on top of it. I guess it'll be a darn sight colder up there in Swedenshire too!

I kept my can (Saikoumichi) anyway when I sold the Golf, been thinking about fitting it to the A4 but not done it as yet.

Pat

Cheers Pat......looking at how "reasonably" cheap the OEM one is I think I may have answered my own question. Found another link explaining the difference between catch can and blank off and to be fair....am still undecided on either route. I will run with the OEM and see if that fixes my EML issue.

Thanks for the feedback Chaps.
BR
A

Fitted the new OEM PCV this afternoon took twenty minutes tops and I think it's cured the EML light issue. Definitely reduced the pressure in the engine and revs aren't chasing at idle anymore, so am guessing the old PCV which appeared to be working ( still rattled when you shook it ) was knackered. The new PCV was a different design so fingers crossed that sorted that then!

Cheers
A

Reactions: scotty76
Fitted the new OEM PCV this afternoon took twenty minutes tops and I think it's cured the EML light issue. Definitely reduced the pressure in the engine and revs aren't chasing at idle anymore, so am guessing the old PCV which appeared to be working ( still rattled when you shook it ) was knackered. The new PCV was a different design so fingers crossed that sorted that then!

Cheers
A

Don't suppose you have the part number for this do you mate? I'm having the same problem on idle. Did you go for the revised part 'P'?

I still haven't fitted my Saikou can, but bought and fitted a new OE valve, p/n 06F 129 101 N (replaced the original rev.C that was fitted). Engine code BUL, model year 2006.

I've just ordered the revision N today plus all the breathers to go with it. Hopefully will sort the problem. Gonna fit it this weekend.