DPF Problems again!!

MGTURBOM

Reaction score
OK folks getting a bit desperate now for a cure. Driving back from Notts to Derby last night the DPF light came on. Despite my best efforts doing the right things as instructed I can't get it to go out. I've been have problems with the car for over a year now. The main dealers can't seem to fix it!!

Last night I was able to briefly put the light out turning the ignition of and on, this would pop the flashing glow plug light on then send the car into limp mode. Turn the ignition off again whilst moving cleared this light. About two minutes later the dpf light is on but the car performs as normal, not in limp mode.

It had a air pressure sensor changed. The car was at the main dealer only two days ago. The only fault its displaying is intermittent low fuel pressure. Its had a new fuel filter fiitted on Wednesday as this was overdue but the problem has been ongoing. Can anyone out there help?

Never owned a car that has been so troublesome!

Get it removed and mapped out.....job done

Unfortunately you are never going to cure it, these engines are incredibly troublesome with DPFs :(

It needs removing. We have a lot of experience with these. Drop me an email or give me a call (no on website) if you want a chat about it. I can explain your options :)

Rick

Unfortunately you are never going to cure it, these engines are incredibly troublesome with DPFs :(

It needs removing. We have a lot of experience with these. Drop me an email or give me a call (no on website) if you want a chat about it. I can explain your options :)

Rick

I hear what your saying about removing it. I like the fact the car runs so clean though and your don't get the black smoke. I spoke to BVR yesterday and they were of the opinion that the 3.0tdi should'nt be an issue with DPF problems. I've run the car this morning..tried to get it to regen. I got a little frustrated so acceleratedhard in third, cut the ignition for a moment then back on. DPF light is now out again and has stayed off since.Hasn't gone into limp mode either. I presume it must be electrical and the jolt may have disturbed somthing. Probalby not good for the car doing this but by luck or coincidence it seems to have done somthing.....

I dont understand why you've been putting up with this for over a year?
Have the DPF removed..
Transforms the car, especially if you have the 3.0 engine.
Car runs better.
Less damage done to you're turbo.
Had mine done and 100% better than it was. There is NO black smoke when driving.
if you want a car that is "clean" buy a hybrid or electric?

Oh and as for you're "regen" attempt.... The car needs to be HOT and very hot.

accelerating hard wont do it, Take it on the motorway... stick in in 3rd and keep the revs high for 5-10 mile.

I had same problem as you, Got Dpf removed and re-map done last weekend by Broadster and a stage 1 done also got EGR removal. Best thing i done now got 220bhp and better MPG.

Nod

I dont understand why you've been putting up with this for over a year?
Have the DPF removed..
Transforms the car, especially if you have the 3.0 engine.
Car runs better.
Less damage done to you're turbo.
Had mine done and 100% better than it was. There is NO black smoke when driving.
if you want a car that is "clean" buy a hybrid or electric?

I am well aware of the procedures for carrying out a correct regeneration. My explanation suggests it may not be the common usual dpf problems. I can't see how the dpf would also cause sudden hesitation then drop into limp mode, which it does on a occasion! Its all well and good saying yeah lets get rid of the dpf and re-map but until I can diagnose the fault that is causing the car to fault its not my first plan. I was hoping everyone else would buy an electric car to leave me plenty of black stuff for a V8........

Yes, they do run very clean with the DPF, that's agreed. When the DPF is new and totally clear they can work well. However the amount of regens required burns a lot of extra fuel as the car gets older. This together with the extra work required to be carried out by the engine to force gas through the DPF means that any emissions savings are cancelled out.

The map can be calibrated in such away that there is no smoke without the DPF by running the car lean. This ensures all fuel is completely burnt and hence no soot :)

Rick

Audi carried out a bit of investigation work whilst changing the water pump. The technicial suggests the car may have been re-mapped as he explained he hadn't ever driven one that has gone quite so well before. He said this could be the cause of dpf faults popping up as the result of the map....

if the DPF is still there, then any remap needs to be done incredibly carefully so as not to exaggerate DPF issues. 185bhp is your limit with it on reliability wise. To be honest, the Audi tech should be able to do some logs and check whether it was mapped if he could really be bothered....

Rick

My dpf came on about a week ago only for 30mins and just switched off on its own and ain't seen it since, if i ever pull away hard in first the black smoke that comes out the back is unbelievable. If I get a remap done and get it removed what downfalls is there? I read people seem to get the clutch slipping and turbo going a few months after the map because the standard parts isn't built to cope with the torque?