1.8T or 2.0T FSI???

S3 Johnny

The grass isn't always greener
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just a quicky really, about from about 40bhp is there much difference between the 1.8T & 2.0T FSI?

I.e MPG, Reliability, Cost, etc

Cheers Johnny

1.8t:
34mpg
0-60 in 8.3

2.0t:
36mpg
0-60 in 7.1

Tax and maintenance cost is pretty much the same. Couldn't speak for reliability as I haven't owned either.
Facts and figures are on parkers(.co.uk).

Am no expert.....but 1.8t engines have had habit of "oil sludge" due to blocked oil pick up...2.0t has a thrashy tfsi engine and has the tendency t drink oil on some models and has failing oil pump type engines.....take your time and pick a good one....plenty out there. Audi A4 B7 2005 - Car Review | Honest John

Cheers
A

Hi. I've been in a same situation few months ago when I switched from my 8L to a B7.
I went for a 2.0 T FSI Quattro in the end instead of the 1.8T.
I got a (BGB engine) and so far its perfect,no issues no thirst for oil...
My Mpg stats through the few months of ownership goes in the range from 25-to 37 with average holding around 30.
hope this helps a bit.

Hi. I've been in a same situation few months ago when I switched from my 8L to a B7.
I went for a 2.0 T FSI Quattro in the end instead of the 1.8T.
I got a (BGB engine) and so far its perfect,no issues no thirst for oil...
My Mpg stats through the few months of ownership goes in the range from 25-to 37 with average holding around 30.
hope this helps a bit.

Tom, I have the same BGB engine and mine doesn't burn a drop of oil either! There's other Forum members who aren't so lucky though. There's no reasoning behind the oil burning issue either.....seems some do and some don't....even the same engine code....one of those things....

Cheers
A

We have a 2.0 and its a really nice car, as I drive our s4 normally I find it quite nice getting in to our 2.0 t fsi as it feels like a go cart! We have had it re mapped and our fuel consumption is always around 40 to 43 mpg. B4 the re map it was seeing figures around 35 to 37 mpg. Ours does use a bit of oil but noting out of the ordinary :)

Wow, all this talk of 30mpg from a 2.0T! Mine has is the 220bhp engine, and has done 103k miles now, but even on a steady 80mph cruise i rarely see 30+

Good cars though, albeit mine does use about a litre of oil per 3000 miles.

Another vote for the 2.0T. Had mine for coming up for 3 years. I used to have a SEAT Leon Cupra 1.8T before this and I find the 2.0 is a good upgrade.

Recently Shark stage 1 remapped. I've not had any issues, only paid for servicing and new tyres. Fuel economy has been:

38.12mpg best (long motorway run).
26.72mpg worst
30.04mpg average over 2 years

I'd say mine uses a litre of oil every 5000 miles.

both the 2.0 and 1.8 have sludge issues

iv owned both and own both now
both are very tuneable

as above some use oil some dont
serviceing etc is around the same on both

My 2.0t fsi used to use a lot of oil, but for some reason it doesn't now. When I say use I mean 1 ltr per 1000 miles. But that's not really an issue. Good on fuel when you want it to be and goes well when you boot it, plus plenty of tuning options. I'd go for the 2.0t fsi all day long.