Air Con Pump Pulley

READER84

Reaction score
Hi, is it possible to change the pulley on a B7 air con pump or is a whole new unit needed?

Cheers

You can change the pully on its own mate. I got the pully an rubber seals for £40 on eBay was lucky but they are £120 new

Cheers, ive had a look online but cant find where to get the kit, people are saying the bushes could be gone. I might look at getting the pulley off and see if it stops the noise and also see if i can get a part number off it

Thanks

The bushes are what problem is lad. My Machanic on put the new bushes on my old one. If you need a pully let me know as still have a new one without bushes.

I have the same issue with mine. Its rattly and my air con is useless.

If the pully is kaput, will it stop the a/c from working??

Any one point me in the right direction regards a new one.

Where can i get the bushes then? Strip them from a new pulley? Cant even find where to get one from :(

The bushes can't be bought mate, that's why I bought the new pully and used bushes

I just had my old boy on the blower, hes in the refrigeration business and has managed to get me a new complete compressor, with the offending pulley ready to fit for £175 notes all in. And hes going to fit it for me and gas my system up in exchange for a few hours cleaning his passat. Win

Lol. That's what i asked him for in the first place. He cant seem to locate pulley only from anywhere.

Apparently,although they are available, its recommended to change the lot. Obviously from a money making point of view. And I have read that people have changed the pulley only with success.

But for 175quid it doesnt seem worth bothing tbh.

Got me a pulley yesterday from TPS, ran out of time to fit it so its a job for tomorrow

Changed my pulley today, all noises gone, can see why too, the bushes were destroyed!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376858647828579

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376858711749041

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376858723387686

Have you got the part number for the pulley? Was yours only noisy when the ac was turned off

I can have a look at my invoice and see what it says regards numbers.

Yes it was noisy switched off, quietened down when on but still sounded a bit odd

Reactions: Avnt
Mines a 57 plate 2.0 tdi 170bhp

Message TPS and tell them what your after and give them your reg number, they will help you out and get the right part from the vin number

Reactions: Avnt
No worries, pretty easy to fit providing you got the tools and a way to lift the car to work underneath