JHM flash tune B7 S4

ASC

Reaction score
Finally got round to flashing my car today (JHM 91 octane tune).. I did it myself over JHM's VPN in the states. Pretty easy to do although I did have problems earlier in the week with JHM's own browser but the process is simple.
I can't compare it to any other tune/remaps out there but I went with this one after reading up on all the positive feedback on the American sites and also a friend local to me had already done it and said it was impressive.
I can't say I'm disappointed, it's a fair kick in the nuts as soon as you touch the throttle. Very responsive and noticeably pulls harder. It also got rid of my CEL (I have no cats) and has removed the speed limiter. All for £380. I should add.. you need to buy a cable (OBD2 to USB) from JHM but I was lucky to borrow my mate's one.
Next thing will be a dyno just to see what the difference is.

My set up is 2.5" catless DP's, non res Miltek, BMC filter and the tune (sorry remap, it's an American thing!)

Reactions: V6 Quatt and Boombastik
Finally got round to flashing my car today (JHM 91 octane tune).. I did it myself over JHM's VPN in the states. Pretty easy to do although I did have problems earlier in the week with JHM's own browser but the process is simple.
I can't compare it to any other tune/remaps out there but I went with this one after reading up on all the positive feedback on the American sites and also a friend local to me had already done it and said it was impressive.
I can't say I'm disappointed, it's a fair kick in the nuts as soon as you touch the throttle. Very responsive and noticeably pulls harder. It also got rid of my CEL (I have no cats) and has removed the speed limiter. All for £380. I should add.. you need to buy a cable (OBD2 to USB) from JHM but I was lucky to borrow my mate's one.
Next thing will be a dyno just to see what the difference is.

My set up is 2.5" catless DP's, non res Miltek, BMC filter and the tune (sorry remap, it's an American thing!)

Sounds like good value mate, will be interesting to see the dyno reslults - we need more vids too!!

goose

Reactions: ASC
Finally plastidipped the grill too..

Really didn't want to put number plate back on but.. :(

3k8k.jpg

urf0.jpg

rcuw.jpg

Reactions: Macdoon, rjm180 and Av4nt
i thought that a remap was set up to each individual car? how can jhm do it from america on a generic map? i thought that is why people do basics like exhaust and air filter then remap to ensure its working to its full potential??

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
good work on the grill - i like the black/chrome contrast!

goose

ps. just noticed you got your white drl's in from glenn @ revo - loooooads beter :)

i thought that a remap was set up to each individual car? how can jhm do it from america on a generic map? i thought that is why people do basics like exhaust and air filter then remap to ensure its working to its full potential??

The tune will adapt to my driving and is based on the mods I already have (catless, air filter etc..)
The file is on their flash server in the States, you VPN to it and download onto the ECU.
I read all the hype on Audizine and my mate had already done it to his car so I knew what to expect. It had to be worth a punt at that price and the ease of doing it yourself. Worst case I would have to go back to stock tune and lesson learnt but so far there's no way I'm getting rid of this! Too much fun.. :)

Meant to mention the tune also has Launch assist.. Not trying it until the clutch is upgraded first tho lol

good work on the grill - i like the black/chrome contrast!

goose

ps. just noticed you got your white drl's in from glenn @ revo - loooooads beter :)

Cheers dude, yeah got the DRL's but not from Revo, ended up getting them from Clarke Motorsport just up the road from me..
Bit of a bad news update on the grill though... :( It's *** peeling already!!!!! So I've fuct up somewhere, maybe too thin coats.. Also it rained pretty heavy later the day I dipped it.. So I'll need to peel it and start again. Damn it, looked so good!

The tune will adapt to my driving and is based on the mods I already have (catless, air filter etc..)
The file is on their flash server in the States, you VPN to it and download onto the ECU.
I read all the hype on Audizine and my mate had already done it to his car so I knew what to expect. It had to be worth a punt at that price and the ease of doing it yourself. Worst case I would have to go back to stock tune and lesson learnt but so far there's no way I'm getting rid of this! Too much fun.. :)

Meant to mention the tune also has Launch assist.. Not trying it until the clutch is upgraded first tho lol
how do you use the launch assist? And how much does the cable cost? I might have to have a go at this! Been thinking about extra power. Im going to gut my pre cats too first.

LA- Turn ESP off, clutch in, rev to 5k RPM (It wont rev higher than this), let clutch out fast, BOOM goes your clutch! lol

Cable is $150 but as I said I managed to dodge that charge as I borrowed off a mate.
Yeah gut pre cats as a minimum, bigger diameter DP's would be better and no cats even betterer! My mate has JHM's own Piggies, Fast Intentions cat back and his latest addition is a JHM Inlet Manifold!

LA- Turn ESP off, clutch in, rev to 5k RPM (It wont rev higher than this), let clutch out fast, BOOM goes your clutch! lol

Cable is $150 but as I said I managed to dodge that charge as I borrowed off a mate.
Yeah gut pre cats as a minimum, bigger diameter DP's would be better and no cats even betterer! My mate has JHM's own Piggies, Fast Intentions cat back and his latest addition is a JHM Inlet Manifold!
I might have to have a look into this jhm website and see what bits n ats there js fir a s4. What bhp do you think yours and your mates is running at?

No idea, I really regret not dynoing before the mods went on or even better after each mod just to see exactly what I was getting from each upgrade. I'm hoping the motor was pretty strong stock and hadn't lost to much bhp..
I think JHM have cars at 400bhp with the tune/Headers-full exhaust/Inlet Manifold/light weight Fly wheel and Pulleys/Clutch etc..

No idea, I really regret not dynoing before the mods went on or even better after each mod just to see exactly what I was getting from each upgrade. I'm hoping the motor was pretty strong stock and hadn't lost to much bhp..
I think JHM have cars at 400bhp with the tune/Headers-full exhaust/Inlet Manifold/light weight Fly wheel and Pulleys/Clutch etc..
how much do you think all those mods would cost you to put on the car? 2500??

thats more than 80% of the B7 RS4s out there ;)

goose

nicely done mate!

I still am stock for everything, but I'm looking to get the piggies done when I have time with an exhaust. When you got your map done, did you get to customise it at all, or is it a matter of an engine map (was the auto-box mapped to? did it get lc or anything?)?

Does the cable just have to be a usb to OBD2 or is it something else? Im not fancying paying 150usd for a 10quid cable if thats all it is! Im taking my car off the road next month for a full body touch up any dings chips etc service, in goingto gut the pre cat then go for the remap so I could do wth finding out if my cable will work.

nicely done mate!

I still am stock for everything, but I'm looking to get the piggies done when I have time with an exhaust. When you got your map done, did you get to customise it at all, or is it a matter of an engine map (was the auto-box mapped to? did it get lc or anything?)?

The tune will adapt to the mods you throw at it. I have a manual box but I believe they do a gearbox map for autos.. You'd need to speak to them.

Does the cable just have to be a usb to OBD2 or is it something else? Im not fancying paying 150usd for a 10quid cable if thats all it is! Im taking my car off the road next month for a full body touch up any dings chips etc service, in goingto gut the pre cat then go for the remap so I could do wth finding out if my cable will work.

JHM call it a Cheetah cable but I've no idea if it's any different from any USB-OBD2 cable, you'd need to ask them.