Service Intervals. Specific mileage or variable

sidibear

Going with the flow.
Staff member
Reaction score
Are they resettable to either a specific mileage service schedule or variable mileage service schedule?

The reason I ask, following a service the display used to reset to about 12000 miles as its variable service, the last few times it has shown a lot less.
Its just been serviced, the service display was off for a few days but its come on today and shows service due in 8500 miles.Could it be down to the fact that it is now over 100K that the between service mileage is low?
B7 A4 Avant. 2.0 TDI 104K

Are they resettable to either a specific mileage service schedule or variable mileage service schedule?

The reason I ask, following a service the display used to reset to about 12000 miles as its variable service, the last few times it has shown a lot less.
Its just been serviced, the service display was off for a few days but its come on today and shows service due in 8500 miles.Could it be down to the fact that it is now over 100K that the between service mileage is low?
B7 A4 Avant. 2.0 TDI 104K

My own cars service indicator was reset from variable to fixed interval at my own request and when I stopped using synthetic and reverted to mineral oil. My cars display behaves exactly like yours. The engine is now at circa 90k and it has for the last 40k displayed 8500 to the next service after each 10k service.

Last edited:
So there are two different settings. fixed and variable?

I didn't request the change so the service center must have just done it so I have to get my car serviced more often.

So there are two different settings. fixed and variable?

I didn't request the change so the service center must have just done it so I have to get my car serviced more often.

The Audi manual that came with my car mentions the two different settings , not that I have read it for a few years .

Yes there are two types of service:

Annual service reset can be done by following a sequence with the buttons on the dash (which is what you've had done).

Longlife service requires resetting using suitable diagnostic equipment.

Luke

Morning slim, vcds can set the service type no worries, whose closest to you is the next question, guessing Jase isn't close?

i pass brum every saturday

well im meeting up with singh between 12 an 1 pm this saturday so if you want to get to where we are its only a 2 min job

Reactions: NHN