S4 Cab roof compartment latch not locking?

m.jolley

Reaction score
Hi there,

I posted a couple of weeks ago regarding problems I've been having with my roof, I thought i'd try a manual reset 2/3 times to try and remedy it. Whereas last time I managed to go through the whole process and lock the rear roof latch when the roof is in up position, this time I keep getting a warning beep on startup telling me there is an issue with the roof, followed by the roof light flashing on constant.

I've narrowed it to the rear roof latch because when putting the roof down and locking it up, it will start up and the roof light will just flash for 10 seconds, no beep. It feels positive when locking it when the roof is down, but its a different story when its up. I've tried putting weight on it, i've tried doing it lightly, with force etc. I just can't get it to latch on and stop the startup beep this time round!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Hi there,

I posted a couple of weeks ago regarding problems I've been having with my roof, I thought i'd try a manual reset 2/3 times to try and remedy it. Whereas last time I managed to go through the whole process and lock the rear roof latch when the roof is in up position, this time I keep getting a warning beep on startup telling me there is an issue with the roof, followed by the roof light flashing on constant.

I've narrowed it to the rear roof latch because when putting the roof down and locking it up, it will start up and the roof light will just flash for 10 seconds, no beep. It feels positive when locking it when the roof is down, but its a different story when its up. I've tried putting weight on it, i've tried doing it lightly, with force etc. I just can't get it to latch on and stop the startup beep this time round!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,

You need to check your MBV and compare them against the link below. Let me know how you get on...

Audi A4 (8E) Automatic Roof - Ross-Tech Wiki