What makes an S-Line different??

S3 Johnny

The grass isn't always greener
Reaction score
Hi guys.

As some of you know I'm soon to be looking for a A4 cab.
I want an 1.8T with heated leather.
I've seen a few I like, some are S-Line and some are not just 1.8T.
The thing is I can't tell the difference apart from some small S-Line badges.

Can someone please shed some light on this and tell me the difference??

Thanks Johnny

Not sure about the cabs Mate but the difference between ( I think they are called SE's in the UK ) and s lines are, apart from the badges and S line badged items like steering wheels and such, were the alloy wheels, spoilers, door blades & sports suspension. Up here in IKEA land they had only Prosport ( their version of SE ) and S-line.

Not sure if any of this helps you.

Cheers
Allan

front bumpers are sometimes SE bumpers even if the car is an s-line
so dont think its been in a bump or anything just the way audi did the cabs

the seats are more sporty 3 spoke steering wheel
wheels 18" s-line a bit lower
and thats it realy

According to the B7 A4 spec guide i have, it lists all standard equipment that ALL B7 A4s have, then lists:-

the SE trim
SE

the S line trim
S Line

the S line Special Edition
S Line Special Edition

the S4
S4 Spec

it then goes onto Quattro, saying that its available for ALL B7 A4s, and is std on the S4.

hope that helps :)

goose

Thanks goose.

Great info on both threads :)

Thanks goose.

Great info on both threads :)

you're welcome mate - it's not often i get to help lol, but when i got my car the previous owner gave me the 54 page original Audi B7 A4 Pricing and Specification Guide.. and its awesome for this kind fo stuff :)

goose

Last edited:
Thanks for that G00se feel even better now knowing I have upgraded special edition two tone leather seats in my s-line. Cheers pal. 👍

Mine are two tone as well.. Black and Black :)

According to the B7 A4 spec guide i have, it lists all standard equipment that ALL B7 A4s have, then lists:-

the SE trim
the S line trim
the S line Special Edition
the S4
it then goes onto Quattro, saying that its available for ALL B7 A4s, and is std on the S4.

hope that helps :)
goose
Goose,
Would you happen to have the info for the Cabriolet Sport?
I've just got one, and am trying to fix the definition.
Thanks,
Tom

Goose,
Thanks,
Tom

what year is your car ?
also what steering wheel has it got ?

Sport is usually the same or similar to s-line... that's what I've gathered from b6's and a3's anyway, haven't actually looked at b7 sport's.

I didn't realise the "Sport" designation was used on the B7. I thought that was taken over by "S-Line".

Goose,
Thanks,
Tom

what year is your car ?
also what steering wheel has it got ?

Good point; I keep thinking the Cab is grouped with the saloon and Avant, but this reminds me that the Cab was later to change.
I have an '07 Cab, so might not be in the catalogue that Goose has. But I'm scrabbling for a definition of the spec, so any info is useful.
The steering wheel I have is a three spoke, with a roller and button on each of the horizontal bars.

[Edit: I can't help thinking that people have signatures turned off. Since the info on the left doesn't include the garage, I put my car description in the signature. But I've still be asked twice what I drive! ;) ]

Goose,
Thanks,
Tom

Sorry dude, can't help.. the brochure I have is for the Saloon and Avant only, I think the Cab had it's own seperate one...

Brochure

goose