How many Audi Reds are there??

S3 Johnny

The grass isn't always greener
Reaction score
Hi all.

Im soon to be on the look out for an A4 Cab (B7), and I really like the darker red (Fire Red I think).

Im not sure if its some pics that makes some look darker than others or is there a few Reds??

Thanks Johnny

Brilliant Red
Misano Red
**** Red

Mine is brilliant red
2013-05-06-3147_zps0b4dcdf1.jpg

Hi all.

Im soon to be on the look out for an A4 Cab (B7), and I really like the darker red (Fire Red I think).

Im not sure if its some pics that makes some look darker than others or is there a few Reds??

Thanks Johnny

your colour code will be in the boot, or in the front of your service book. E.g LZ3M is misano red. Which is the same colour as mine.

Thanks for your help guys.
Oh and Craig I haven't got the car yet, I'm just working out which one I want. :)
And have you got a pic of yours Craig?

Thanks for your help guys.
Oh and Craig I haven't got the car yet, I'm just working out which one I want. :)
And have you got a pic of yours Craig?

ill post a few for ya mate. It's the same colour red that the RS4 comes in. 3 stage pearlescent red, pretty much sold it for me :)

null_zpsf1b9c1e7.jpg

null_zps06f788a3.jpg

not the best pics I've ever taken like, but gives you an idea ;)

That's not the car I'm looking at, just to show the colour.

Not sure what red that is tbh, I'd ring them. They will tell ya. Nice motor!

Just flicking thru the same B7 A4 Spec guide as per the other thread.. i think i can help here as well.

Briliant Red (C8) is listed in the Standard Colours section
Garnet Red - pearl effect (9C), is listed in the Optional colours section
Misano Red - pearl effect (N9) is in the S Line Special Edition additional colours section (albeit there is a note saying "Also available on other models at Audi Exclusive paint price")

hope this helps too :beerchug:

goose

FYI Garnet Red......officially the worst colour to match if you have a prang I have been told! Hides the rust extremely well though!:blink:

1013082 10151680599812692 331186812 n

Attachments

• 2013-05-28 19.01.00.jpg
    2013-05-28 19.01.00.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 980
Last edited:
Yep mines garnett too, I also need a bit of paint should be fun.

Wouldn't worry about it too much Andy....My lot managed a reasonable job and they are not the best. A good competent paintshop should be able to match it up well....depending where the touches are on the bus. Paint is so expensive up here..and I have a lot of rust...it's just not worth the expense of getting the work done.....
Cheers
A

Yep mines garnett too, I also need a bit of paint should be fun.

Should be fine Andy, its only a bad match due to poor coverage, but all metallic reds are the same. If they blend in either direction you shouldn't have a problem. Edge to edge with any metallic or pearl it even solid colour these days is a gamble. Mite look fine in natural light, but go to the petrol station one night and the fluorescent light will show you how wrong it is. It's worth paying abit more for blends :)