Help.. Intake manifold removal

harmless

Reaction score
Hi all,

i have the famous egr error so gaskets and seals ordered, however should I clean the intake manifold and is there anything I need to do other than just unbolt and clean? It a 2lt tdi 170.

I'm also thinking of adding the allard delete kit but this required the flap to be still working (I won't know until I've removed and looked at whats happening)

Easy enough to remove, just remember that there is a bolt inside the air intake which gets covered in crud so not easy to see.
I removed mine and was suprised how much build up there was on the flaps inside, couple of cans of choke cleaner soon cleans it all up.

Easy enough to remove, just remember that there is a bolt inside the air intake which gets covered in crud so not easy to see.
I removed mine and was suprised how much build up there was on the flaps inside, couple of cans of choke cleaner soon cleans it all up.

thanks just removed the egr and looks pretty grubby but the intake manifold looks worse :( having to work out how to remove now

struggling to find that elusive bolt inside the intake - it was too dark hopefully a new stab at it tomorrow and some fresh eyes - any hints or tips on where i should be prodding?

struggling to find that elusive bolt inside the intake - it was too dark hopefully a new stab at it tomorrow and some fresh eyes - any hints or tips on where i should be prodding?

Where the egr has been unbolted you can see inside the inlet manifold, it is in there, usually covered in thick soot and crud, scrape some away and you will see it.

Where the egr has been unbolted you can see inside the inlet manifold, it is in there, usually covered in thick soot and crud, scrape some away and you will see it.
Thanks mm707 the fresh eyes helped and was able to locate - sad part of the day wasted most of it cleaning the egr up then to find that the actual cogs had shredding at the tip causing it not to work.. thanks audi for designing suck a part that you cannot replace the cogs.. owell part should be with me tomorrow and get her back on the road..