Hi. I am the new owner of a 2007 A4 Avant. I am confused about the 'auto' feature of the climate control.
Any idea what can be the issue? I can only assume the compressor/condenser are working because when I switch to Econ mode, the air is absolutely freezing until after about 4 minutes it becomes the outside air temp. My car shows no error codes or error lights.
- Outside temp is being reported at 25.0 C (HOT!)
- Inside temps on the climate control are set at 18.0 C (Cool -brrrr)
- climate is set to auto. (red lights illuminate auto on both buttons)
- I can hear the condenser/motor? absolutely ripping behind the dash.
- Issue: no air is coming out the vents although the vents are cold ...
- Switch to Econ mode/middle vents (condenser shuts down).
- Cold air starts blasting out of the vents. (blowing the cold air that has built up)
- Cold air eventually becomes outside warm sticky air (expected)
- Switch back to auto (condenser fires up)
- Air from vents stops blowing
I am not great at vehicles.
Thanks for any assistance or opinion you might have.