Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel

Are the side windows the same on B6 & B7?

So I wanna get my windows tinted in the near future, but unfortunately I have an OCD ad the passenger side windows have some scratches on them which I know will show up like a sore thumb once the film is applied. Also the front driver side has been replaced before and no longer has the Audi logo, sekurit, saint-gobain etc. markings on it so I'd like to replace that too so it is all matching (I know how sad right?).

I'm currently in the process of getting my windscreen replaced through my insurance (Admiral) and thought I might try get all my side windows replaced at the same time. So I rang the glass claims lines earlier and was put through to National Windscreens, who then had me confirm whether the side windows were smashed or not. I then pursued and said I noticed scratches on them and would like them replaced. They then advised me they would need to speak to Admiral to see if they would cover it and will get back to me later this afternoon.

So back to my initial question, if it all goes bottoms up I'll just get them to replace my front windscreen for my excess of £75 and I'll then try and source four matching side windows (in good condition and with the Audi logos) myself and replace them all myself. So would the windows from a B6 model fit a B7 and would they have the same OEM tint that my current windows have (assuming they are blatantly tinted that is)?

Thanks in advance, Azeem.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I'm 99% sure they are the same fit. Whether they have the same tint, I can't say for sure.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

4th Gear

Status
    I know what you mean by scratches. My side ones are the same sadly. Keep us updated if you have any luck as I'm with admiral as well. I always assumed they have to be broken or cracked. But you never know.
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzini7 View Post
    I know what you mean by scratches. My side ones are the same sadly. Keep us updated if you have any luck as I'm with admiral as well. I always assumed they have to be broken or cracked. But you never know.
    So Admiral got back to me and unfortunately each window will be classed as a separate glass claim regardless of whether it is scratched/smashed. Therefore I would have to pay £75 for each one which works out at £450 including my windscreen. So I'm just going to do the windscreen through the insurance with National Windscreens this Saturday morning. I asked National Windscreens whether they could provide me with an OEM glass (with the Audi logo) and they said I would have to pay the difference. Not sure what the difference would be but gave it a pass anyway as I don't believe there to be any quality differences. I may call up tomorrow and enquire on the price difference.

Azeem

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

4th Gear

Status
    They did mine and the screen seems fine to me
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    yes and yes
    pita to fit tho