Photos - TDi 170 s-line Quattro special edition

margin-walker

Reaction score
Some (tiny) photos of my car. Has anybody seen red/black seats like these before with red stitching? I wasn't even aware it was an option. I can't find many details on what was different on the 'special edition'. (And obviously that isn't my reg plate!) Also does anybody know if there's a way of getting the drivers info system (temp, mpg etc) to display without having to switch the whole RNS-E system off?

Press the button on the underside of the right hand stalk (wiper control) twice.

Nice SE, I have the same but in silver.

Brilliant!! Thanks dpaz, I wouldn't have figured that out myself and couldn't see anything in the manual. :)

To be honest I don't think I would have bought the car if the whole seats were red, it would have been a bit too much for me! I'm still finding gadgets I didn't know it had. I only discovered it had rain sensing wipers in a downpour two days ago and I've had the car for four weeks - it's been mostly hot/air-con weather since I bought it! The Bose sound system is fantastic, puts my hi-fi at home to shame.

Loving it mate. I like the seats very much. I have the same but grey where the red is (grey is more common i believe) so yours are cooler. Nice to be different.I think all red seats only suit silver cars. But even then they are a bit much. Yours are just right. Bet you are delighted with the car.

Looks really nice Mate.....Have you discovered the middle sun visor over the rear view mirror......always makes me smile!

All the best with your new car.

BR
Allan

I have the Special "Black" Edition aswell

The details of the SE models are
Black grill, window trims and Roof Rails if its the Avant
RS Pedals and foot rest
Alcintara steering wheel, hand brake and gear knob
Black Headlining
2 Tone Leather trim

That trim is known as Exclusive - "Audi Exclusive "

Soft leather like mine but mine have white inserts lovely trim...nice motor

Loving it mate. I like the seats very much. I have the same but grey where the red is (grey is more common i believe) so yours are cooler. Nice to be different.I think all red seats only suit silver cars. But even then they are a bit much. Yours are just right. Bet you are delighted with the car.

Yes I really like it. I wasn't sure about the seats at first but all of the stitching in the car is red as well, even on the steering wheel, it's a small detail but it seems to bring it all together.

Looks really nice Mate.....Have you discovered the middle sun visor over the rear view mirror......always makes me smile!

All the best with your new car.

BR
Allan

Yes I discovered the middle sun visor, very handy! I tell you what was a nice surprise, a full-size spare alloy wheel!

I have the Special "Black" Edition aswell

The details of the SE models are
Black grill, window trims and Roof Rails if its the Avant
RS Pedals and foot rest
Alcintara steering wheel, hand brake and gear knob
Black Headlining
2 Tone Leather trim

Ah thanks Tiffy, I couldn't figure out what was different to the normal s-line, there are so many 'variables' that can be ordered with Audi cars.

That trim is known as Exclusive - "Audi Exclusive "

Soft leather like mine but mine have white inserts lovely trim...nice motor

Lol! I must admit, I really wasn't sure about the colour of the seats when I first saw them but the trim is so different to any I've seen before that it grew on me very quickly.