Armrest clip fixed!

thehogester

Reaction score
After being linked to this:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/874747/audi-a4-b6-b7-armrest-lid-standart.html

I thought it was worth a try. Seemed a shame to replace the lot, when all that was wrong was the clip.

The lid is held on with clips, some glued but it came away without much hassle. Two strategically placed knives sorted that.

Luckily i had the spring still from when it was broken, though they also sell a version with a spring built in if you don't have one.

And here's the final result!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375200488660250ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375200502159837

I've also popped in a fresh air and cabin filter, so all in all a successful day with my b7!

iv seen these before but never used them
nice to see they work

mine bust too some time ago, so i just used a few rare earth magnets find them on ebay they come in all shapes and sizes but are so strong
just glued 2 in place and bingo lid shuts solid
Mags

I dont get why this is a big problem? My arm rest clip is broken too but its always down so it doesnt bother me. Do you all move them backwards out of the way or something?

I dont get why this is a big problem? My arm rest clip is broken too but its always down so it doesnt bother me. Do you all move them backwards out of the way or something?

I don't always have it down. And it means any contents of it end up on the back seat. I'm happy with it fixed either way, each to their own eh.

No, mines always down. It just really annoys me that I know it's broken for some reason.

Reactions: sidibear and S4P4UL
Well they have arrived I ordered a couple of clips from the link above and they arrived this morning a day early which is good

I've lost the spring on my arm rest so I ordered the part with the additional spring. It looks good I'm well pleased with the quality and service provided not sure how long the spring will last because its a piece of the plastic but as long as the clip servives longer than the Audi one I'm happy to lock it in place manually.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375953705034126

My car is in storage at the moment due to not being able to drive but I will report back once I've fitted it.

Really pleased cost me 40 quid for the 2 clips which is a lot cheaper than a new leather lid