MTM Flashtune ecu upgrade

Molnboman

Reaction score
2013 07 30 120345
Just returned from my 650 km odyssey. It was a beautiful drive through the lakes at 0500hrs mind you https://maps.google.se/maps?q=sIGTU...gl=se&ei=9873UZGDHcqK4AT3z4GIBA&ved=0CLkBELYD....feeling knackered now. Well, got the MTM remap done, and all I can say is that the return trip was a helluva lot more fun than the outward journey. Am no mechanic but Dahlbäck explained to me that Bus is now pushing 1 bar as opposed to 0.6 on boost previously with approx 350 odd nm's of torque. The car seems a lot more punchier lower down, which is what I wanted and most definitely faster and easier to overtake, get onto motorways etc. Pretty much what I wanted. There's no stage 2....it's straight to a bigger exhaust with wider down pipe eg: A Miltek cat back exhaust with Dahlbäck's own down pipe and an additional remap if I want some extra horses....but for now let's just see how this goes with reliability / day to day use etc. They also mentioned my engine was in pretty good nick and showed no warnings and knock was less than 1% which apparently is suppose to be good! Was recommended that a HPFP upgrade was not necessary unless am pushing much higher bhp ....which am not intending to do....yet! Didn't get the cam follower done either cause all the mechanics were on their hols...Hopefully, I will get this done later this week when am getting an oil and filter change done.
Overall, pretty pleased....still amazed they can charge so much for a ****** computer programme install....surprised they didn't have black and white stripey t-shirts on and a face mask! hahahaha...only jokin...I know the craic!

Cheers
Allan

Last edited: