Bulb Question - Need Help

Kev Boy

Reaction score
Hi All,I was wondering if you could help me out. Im looking to fit new bulbs to my car. Sick of the yellow standard ones as they look stupid.Basically i was wondering the best way to go about getting bulbs that are white or blue but are not HIDs. I know you are best to just get HIDs but i dont want the hassle of converting my lights to use them (plus i dont know how). Looking for dipped, full beam and sidelight bulbs. Not sure if I can get LED bulbs for sidelights or ive seen SMD bulbs but i dont really know what im doing. If you have pics showing the bulbs on your car that would be a bonus! But just a link to where to buy them or a name would be great!What like a job is it to change them? Its not a full front dismantle is it? Can they be changed without removing bumpers or the headlights themselves?Cheers, Kevin.

As another question, ive been reading a lot about LEDs throwing errors up on the computer. Can this be turned off using an OPCOM that an audi garage would use? I have one with all different heads for all cars. It can be used to switch off airbag lights, service warnings etc. I have only ever used it to diagnose problems though as its not a fix. But with these sidelight bulbs, theres nothing dangerous about using it for this. Would it work though or would the system not be happy?

I have sidelight bulbs from T8ups and they work fine with no errors.
In fact, get everything you need from T8ups and you won't have a problem.

And yes, the front bumper has to come off.

Reactions: NHN and t8ups
Yeap T8ups is your man for these things :)