How much to full tank it?

SinghB7

Reaction score
Going to Holland next week, was just wondering how much it will be to fill the tank frm reserve?

2007 2.0tdi avant

I went about 20miles into the red and filled up to the brim which cost me £86 on my 2.0tdi

Just had to fil my tank. Had 5 miles showing on DIS, then changed the fuel filter which had quite alot inside. Took £81 using standard unleaded.

from reserve it costs me £90 on shell Vpower nitro+ D
Same here when using V-Power Nitro super unleaded - when using the button in the filler neck to get the extra 7 litres in the tank.

If its any use I get from Birmingham to Mijdrecht and have about 1/4 tank left when I fill in Adinkirk on the way back. 2.0 tdi b7 Avant.

£89 - 66 litres (70 litre tank ) derv

Whats this button you speak of?????????
Look down into the filler neck and on the rear side you see a small (1/4") round button, press and hold that down - which it opens the air breather from the tank - which allows you to get more fuel into the tank.

Typically after the pump stops I can get an extra 6-8 litres into the tank using this method.

Reactions: jdp1962, sidibear and CHEZ
Birmingham to Holland and back? you should be able to do it within two full tanks/fill ups.
half tank shell fuel save, half tank of shell V power nitro will be great. ;)

and to your question how much?
well..depend on the type of fuel you add in, and where do you fill up.
city gas stations are often cheaper than the motorway ones.

Look down into the filler neck and on the rear side you see a small (1/4") round button, press and hold that down - which it opens the air breather from the tank - which allows you to get more fuel into the tank.

Typically after the pump stops I can get an extra 6-8 litres into the tank using this method.

didnt even know about this! madness

Couldn't find any such button on mine. Maybe an RS4 feature only?

Might be a quattro only feature - due to the different size/shape fuel tanks.

Jeff and I both have quattros and neither have stumbled upon this feature. Someone said something about it on the Golf Mk4's as well but again I couldn't find it on that either.

Jeff and I both have quattros and neither have stumbled upon this feature. Someone said something about it on the Golf Mk4's as well but again I couldn't find it on that either.
The only RS4s I know that don't have it are the American ones as they have a closed vapour absorption system, maybe that applies to other VAG cars too?