Thinking about an A4 cabriolet, but B6 or B7??

S3 Johnny

The grass isn't always greener
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

After a bit of time away from Audi after selling my S3 i think its time for another.

I looking at getting an A4 cabriolet but not sure which one yet, is there much difference between an B6 & B7??

I'm looking at getting the 1.8t just not sure on year yet, I'll have up to about 7.5k, don't really want to spend all of that thou lol

I'm not getting one till the end of the year, beginning of next.
Just want to make sure I get the right one.

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks for your time.

Johnny

Hi mate,They are really nice cars. Personally I would go for the B7 over the B6 any day of the week as the front ends look much better. I dont know about reliability or economy or anything. But just a nicer looking car.Im new to the Audi scene and just got a B7 over the past week. As long as its not the stupid 140 bhp 2.0 TDi. B7!But I might be wrong, but i didnt think you would get much in the way of decent milage, condition etc for under £7500 in a B7. I assume the cabs are more expensive than the saloons? i didnt see many under 100k for under £7k in a b7. Plus, personally i wouldnt take a car with that sort of milage on a petrol but youwill know better having a petrol Audi before.Cheers, was gonna say HTH but i suppose it didnt really lol...Kev.

Yeh B6, nice price though and a good looking car. Low milage and that, if its as clean as it sounds and looks then should be a good buy.

If you are looking for a cab then I would recommend an A4 as I have been impressed with mine. There isnt much or any scuttle shake, feels refined. I dont know much about the spec of the b6 but its well worth test driving one.

we have a b6 s4 cab and a b7 special edition saloon.... i love the s4 i just wish it had the same front as the b7... the reason we went for a b6 s4 was because the road tax was a lot less than on the b7 (im not sure if thats the same for the 1.8 or 2.0 t so worth a check) the only real difference is the front end and we didnt think that was a good enough reason to waste the few thousand extra that the b7 costs to buy !