Fuel Gauge Audi 3.0tdi

MGTURBOM

Reaction score
Got my car back from local Audi dealer a few weeks ago following the unidentified issue of it not wanting to start. It took them nearly three weeks and they tell me they could not find the fault. Since the car was returned the fuel gauge is no longer accurate. It wont read full when the car has been filled up and it has a habit of going up and down cocking up the trip computer also. I took the car back and they informed me it needs fuel vacuum pipes and two new fuel pump seals. I suspect if I push them they would not admit liability since its only been doing this since they looked at it. I was quoted just over four hundred pounds but to be honest the cost isn't so much the issue, I have lost complete faith in the main dealer after the car disappeared last time it was a bit of a sham getting it back. Any suggestions would be appreciated to the cure and where to do it? Im near Derby.

Thanks

Lift pump tested all ok as this has senders for fuel level of course, does it start fine now?

Car starts ok and runs...occasionally it looses power momentarily, holds back then the coil light flashes up. Turning the car off and on cures it usually. Also car can be lumpy of tickover. No faults identified for the lift pump on the paperwork. Nver know how mush fuel is in it as the needle is up and down.....they really have messed it up!