Is there standard side light bulbs that match T8ups H7 lights?

Molnboman

Reaction score
Hello Boy's and Girls

I know I should be asking the man himself....hopefully he will be the first to reply on the subject. It's clear that the led side lights don't like my car and was wondering if anyone can recommend a standard replacement sidelight that is close to the colour of T8up's H7 main beam bulbs. Has anyone managed to find anything that gives a complimentary light colour to his very good H7's....saw these but reckon they'll be too bluey white. Philips 501 BlueVision sidelights car bulbs blue vision | eBay Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Allan

Last edited:
Have a look on ebay for MTEC 501 sidelights, I've fitted a couple of sets of these on friends cars they give a nice white light.

On my own car I've used Polarg side light bulbs, I've used them on my last 3 audis, they give a nice white light and last a very long time.
Only downside is I've not found a UK supplier, but if you search on ebay theres plenty available from the U.S etc.

Both of these options are imo better than LEDs which I've found to be not very good.

Cheers Emmo......I will have a look. I have tried two different led side light sets and they just don't last anytime, maybe because up here the lights are on 100% of the driving time. As the sidelight bulbs are such a head f&ck to fit, I need a sidelight bulb that will last for months/ years as opposed to weeks.
I did try the MTEC ones before in my old car and they were ok if I recall.

Cheers
A

Last edited:
I didnt have much luck with the LED ones myself and have blown numerous sets of sidelight and numberplate LEDs. So I started using the Polargs a few years ago, on my old 1.8T I went through just 2 pairs of bulbs in nearly 4 years of owning the car. The bulbs will last a very long time.

Have you tried using long nose pliers to pull the sidelights out, sometimes its a bit easier than getting your hands in there.

I've got T8ups Cree sidelights with the harness adapter that throw up no errors and are Super bright. No issue with overheating either.

Not seen the Phillips blue vision 501's but I've got the blue vision main beam and they are a nice crisp white light with slight blue tinge. Very pleased with them

HTH mate

I have the MTEC 501s in mine as I'm not too keen on leaving a unseen and lit 501 bulb around the back of my headlight (although many people have said they've had no issues) as I have minor OCD and it would annoy me LOL. Here is a comparison picture of my MTEC vs OEM. I must add however, that as white as they may be they are not bright at all.

377517_10152209876270363_2104990611_n_zps7d5d86b2.jpg