Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    5th Gear

Status

Is there standard side light bulbs that match T8ups H7 lights?

Hello Boy's and Girls

I know I should be asking the man himself....hopefully he will be the first to reply on the subject. It's clear that the led side lights don't like my car and was wondering if anyone can recommend a standard replacement sidelight that is close to the colour of T8up's H7 main beam bulbs. Has anyone managed to find anything that gives a complimentary light colour to his very good H7's....saw these but reckon they'll be too bluey white. Philips 501 BlueVision sidelights car bulbs blue vision | eBay Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Allan
    Last edited by Molnboman; 19th July 2013 at 16:29.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Have a look on ebay for MTEC 501 sidelights, I've fitted a couple of sets of these on friends cars they give a nice white light.

On my own car I've used Polarg side light bulbs, I've used them on my last 3 audis, they give a nice white light and last a very long time.
    Only downside is I've not found a UK supplier, but if you search on ebay theres plenty available from the U.S etc.

Both of these options are imo better than LEDs which I've found to be not very good.

5th Gear

Status
    Cheers Emmo......I will have a look. I have tried two different led side light sets and they just don't last anytime, maybe because up here the lights are on 100% of the driving time. As the sidelight bulbs are such a head f&ck to fit, I need a sidelight bulb that will last for months/ years as opposed to weeks.
    I did try the MTEC ones before in my old car and they were ok if I recall.

Cheers
    A
    Last edited by Molnboman; 19th July 2013 at 17:30.

1st Gear

Status
    I didnt have much luck with the LED ones myself and have blown numerous sets of sidelight and numberplate LEDs. So I started using the Polargs a few years ago, on my old 1.8T I went through just 2 pairs of bulbs in nearly 4 years of owning the car. The bulbs will last a very long time.

Have you tried using long nose pliers to pull the sidelights out, sometimes its a bit easier than getting your hands in there.

Avantee

Status
    I've got T8ups Cree sidelights with the harness adapter that throw up no errors and are Super bright. No issue with overheating either.

Not seen the Phillips blue vision 501's but I've got the blue vision main beam and they are a nice crisp white light with slight blue tinge. Very pleased with them

HTH mate

A4 Avant B7

LED Rear Lights - Mesh Grill - SLC Splittler - Ice White Fogs - Tints - Devil Eyes - Ambient lighting - LED interior

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    I have the MTEC 501s in mine as I'm not too keen on leaving a unseen and lit 501 bulb around the back of my headlight (although many people have said they've had no issues) as I have minor OCD and it would annoy me LOL. Here is a comparison picture of my MTEC vs OEM. I must add however, that as white as they may be they are not bright at all.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~