Calling all 3.0 TDI owners

Mr-C

Reaction score
How much soot does yours kick out when you give it the beans? I was following Mrs C last night and we had a race from the lights me in the ****ter 406 that she uses to go to the farm, usually full of carrots and hay bales! and Mrs C in the Audi. Needless to say she won but farkin hell the 3.0 chucked some soot out, I knew it did as in the past I have left a few people in a cloud of black smoke.
Its a 2007 100+k miles None DPF model.

Mine leaves relatively little smoke now, remapped (DPF & EGR) and the 2nd CAT & DPF removed with no backboxes. What I would best describe as a haze/dust is left when you accelerate hard from a standing start.

Presumably if you don't accelerate hard very often all the soot etc that gets caught in the exhaust during normal driving (more in OEM smaller diameter with non-mandrel bends that an aftermarket one) will get thrown out in a cloud of soot.

Solution = Floor it more often :o.k:

Reactions: gupsterg
I've found our VW 2.0TDi smokes worst on supermarket fuel. Fill it with V Power or similar and it's better.

Reactions: jabba
I floored mine the other day and smoked out everyone behind me, probably leaving a trail of carnage in my wake. I have a 2007 100+k miler non-DPF too. My mechanic has given my engine a going over and reported a clean bill of health so I'm not worrying about it too much. Maybe jjmurphy is right and we need to boot them a bit more! I barely floor mine these days.

Had mine (2007 non-DPF) put on a rolling road a few months back for a power test, and it did chuck out quite a lot of black smoke when it was maxxed.

As Joe said above, mine only leaves a bit of haze/dust behind me. Normally only ever see it at night time in my rear view when the car behind has its headlights on. Although I am on standard map and running on V-Power and also get a motorway run on my daily commute.

Azeem

On mine I only get a slight haze on heavy acceleration no plumes black of smoke.

Mine puffs slight haze when booted. You need to drive it hard at times mine is non dpf

Never really noticed much soot being kicked out, think the tinted windows will mask some of it

3.0 TDI A4 Cab, 2007 model, with DPF, (82k miles) no noticeable exhaust smoke, running a remap, and the car gets a 60 mile motorway run every day, though it doesn't really get thrashed I do keep up with the motorway traffic.

3.0 TDI A4 Cab, 2007 model, with DPF, (82k miles) no noticeable exhaust smoke, running a remap, and the car gets a 60 mile motorway run every day, though it doesn't really get thrashed I do keep up with the motorway traffic.

No noticeable smoke would be because you have DPF installed. Thats what it does

Reactions: Andy27168 and gupsterg
mine is a 2007 non dpf mapped with 93,000, it smokes a bit when driven hard, no smoke, no poke haha.

Reactions: A4_MaJiK and V6 Quatt