Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jjmurphy21187
  • 2 Post By SL11CKK
  • 2 Post By ben.w93

Thread: Calling all 3.0 TDI owners

1st Gear

Status

Calling all 3.0 TDI owners

How much soot does yours kick out when you give it the beans? I was following Mrs C last night and we had a race from the lights me in the ****ter 406 that she uses to go to the farm, usually full of carrots and hay bales! and Mrs C in the Audi. Needless to say she won but farkin hell the 3.0 chucked some soot out, I knew it did as in the past I have left a few people in a cloud of black smoke.
    Its a 2007 100+k miles None DPF model.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Tiptronic

Status
    Mine leaves relatively little smoke now, remapped (DPF & EGR) and the 2nd CAT & DPF removed with no backboxes. What I would best describe as a haze/dust is left when you accelerate hard from a standing start.

Presumably if you don't accelerate hard very often all the soot etc that gets caught in the exhaust during normal driving (more in OEM smaller diameter with non-mandrel bends that an aftermarket one) will get thrown out in a cloud of soot.

Solution = Floor it more often
    gupsterg likes this.

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

4th Gear

Status
    I've found our VW 2.0TDi smokes worst on supermarket fuel. Fill it with V Power or similar and it's better.

1st Gear

Status
    I floored mine the other day and smoked out everyone behind me, probably leaving a trail of carnage in my wake. I have a 2007 100+k miler non-DPF too. My mechanic has given my engine a going over and reported a clean bill of health so I'm not worrying about it too much. Maybe jjmurphy is right and we need to boot them a bit more! I barely floor mine these days.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Had mine (2007 non-DPF) put on a rolling road a few months back for a power test, and it did chuck out quite a lot of black smoke when it was maxxed.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    As Joe said above, mine only leaves a bit of haze/dust behind me. Normally only ever see it at night time in my rear view when the car behind has its headlights on. Although I am on standard map and running on V-Power and also get a motorway run on my daily commute.

Azeem

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

1st Gear

Status
    On mine I only get a slight haze on heavy acceleration no plumes black of smoke.

4th Gear

Status
    Mine puffs slight haze when booted. You need to drive it hard at times mine is non dpf
    Torque the Torque

Neutral

Status
    Never really noticed much soot being kicked out, think the tinted windows will mask some of it

1st Gear

Status
    3.0 TDI A4 Cab, 2007 model, with DPF, (82k miles) no noticeable exhaust smoke, running a remap, and the car gets a 60 mile motorway run every day, though it doesn't really get thrashed I do keep up with the motorway traffic.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy27168 View Post
    3.0 TDI A4 Cab, 2007 model, with DPF, (82k miles) no noticeable exhaust smoke, running a remap, and the car gets a 60 mile motorway run every day, though it doesn't really get thrashed I do keep up with the motorway traffic.
    No noticeable smoke would be because you have DPF installed. Thats what it does
    gupsterg and Andy27168 like this.

1st Gear

Status
    mine is a 2007 non dpf mapped with 93,000, it smokes a bit when driven hard, no smoke, no poke haha.
    V6 Quatt and A4_MaJiK like this.
    2008 A5 3.0TDI