Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By adamss24

Thread: Bigger brakes anyone?

2nd Gear

Status

Bigger brakes anyone?

hey all so im in need of a big brakes set-up preferably front and rear set-up as i don't want the car to nose dive all the time :/

Anyone got any suggestions/kits they are selling?

its for an Audi A4 B7 Sline 1.9TDi 8v running 220bhp and 365lbft.

this things in desperate need of some stopping power as the standard disks really aint cutting the mustard any more even brand new

need to fit behind these merc AMG 5 spoke rare wheels too!

1044062_10151567366409582_11770672_n.jpg

cheers for any links and info
    Last edited by AudiB7Jay; 17th July 2013 at 16:00.

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    N8 is selling his Gallardo's & you will have to get a carrier made, Dave the brake guru could do this probably.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    N8 is selling his Gallardo's & you will have to get a carrier made, Dave the brake guru could do this probably.

Any idea how much? this for front and rear setup?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You need to ask him, fronts only.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    Yep, it's the carriers that stopped me going bigger.....the s4 carriers which would take me over the existing size on my 2.0t were daft money....so unless you can source some second hand or get some made up....it' will be painful to yer wallet Matey.

It would be a lot cheaper just to upgrade to sh@t hot discs and great pads matched with good brake fluid change...just an idea.

Good Luck keep us posted.

BR
    A
    Last edited by Molnboman; 17th July 2013 at 17:45.

2nd Gear

Status
    Cayenne calipers with 345mm front discs and S4 calipers with 300mm discs on the rear is easily achievable for around £700 inc new discs and pads all round.

What have you had done to get 220bhp out of the 115 motor?

Reverse Gear

Status
    They aren't AMG wheels - they are Porsche 997 turbo copies?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by popes996 View Post
    They aren't AMG wheels - they are Porsche 997 turbo copies?
    Correct!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ajax1976 View Post
    Correct!!
    Wrong they are genuine Merc AMG wheels. ive had a guy say the same to me face to face untill o took a wheel off and showed him the stamps lol. the porsche version has more of and inset to them.

66.6 center bore = mercades - i have 57.1 to 66.6 hawke spiggots fitted, like i said these are VERY rare wheels.
    71.6 center bore = porsche

this is porsches verson (see the more of and inset from the center and then come out)
    IMG_0898[1].jpg
    Last edited by AudiB7Jay; 18th July 2013 at 15:04.

2nd Gear

Status
    Cayenne calipers with 345mm front discs and S4 calipers with 300mm discs on the rear is easily achievable for around £700 inc new discs and pads all round.

I gave it to Revo lol thats all i know stage 2 is giving me 220bhp (full decat back and upgraded intercooler)

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiB7Jay View Post
    Wrong they are genuine Merc AMG wheels. ive had a guy say the same to me face to face untill o took a wheel off and showed him the stamps lol. the porsche version has more of and inset to them.

66.1 center bore = mercades - i have 57.1 to 66.1 hawke spiggots fitted, like i said these are VERY rare wheels.
    71.6 center bore = porsche

this is porsches verson (see the more of and inset from the center and then come out)
    IMG_0898[1].jpg

Strange one, AMG wheels all have the AMG logo cast into the wheel on the outside. It was more the slash to the inserts in the spokes that shout Porsche to me, AMG spokes are symmetrical down the centre of the wheel.

I gave it to Revo lol thats all i know stage 2 is giving me 220bhp (full decat back and upgraded intercooler)
    Impressive results, didn't think the 115 turbo could get near to 200 let alone 220bhp. I went for a Shark map as I didn't think Revo did stage 2s for 115s.

2nd Gear

Status
    Strange one, AMG wheels all have the AMG logo cast into the wheel on the outside. It was more the slash to the inserts in the spokes that shout Porsche to me, AMG spokes are symmetrical down the centre of the wheel.

Impressive results, didn't think the 115 turbo could get near to 200 let alone 220bhp. I went for a Shark map as I didn't think Revo did stage 2s for 115s.
    i though that before i bought them but there is an AMG inset badge on the inside stamped in. from what i know they was made for a prototype merc that wasnt built and there is only 4-6 sets in the world. i did pay 1200 for the alloys alone from an ex merc engineer and designer.

1st Gear

Status
    I need a big brake setup also, upgraded standard size brakes are way better than standard but still not adequate. I have found a B6 S4 breaking fairly localy. Can I simply swap over the S4 carriers, calipers and discs onto my tdi ?
    Would there be any advantage in fitting the S4 master cylinder/servo ?
    Also, I feel that sometimes the ABS wants to cut in when it shouldn't. Is this clogged up ring teeth on CV's ?
    Thanks guys.
    2004 B6 A4 1.9 tdi quattro sport. Ebony black. S line RS6 style wheels. Black diamond drlled and grooved brakes all round, predator pads.
    K&N 57i induction. EGR delete. Custom Remap.
    LED lights. Ambient lighting. Factory armrest. B7 aero wiper upgrade. Team Heko wind deflectors.

Wanted : Rust free wings. S4 brakes. Aluminium mirrors. RS4 RARB. Clutch upgrade.

Just fitted 235/40/18 Dunlop Sport MAXX RT's, hoping for great things !

God Mode

Status
    Hate to doubt results but surely a decat, intercooler and map won't produce 220bhp

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselJake View Post
    Hate to doubt results but surely a decat, intercooler and map won't produce 220bhp
    well stage 1 from 115 gave me 167 (no performance mods done), they say stage 2 will give me 220-230 with decat and fmic (i think they've been getting some help from dark side developments) as they have maps that get 220-230 on a 115

2nd Gear

Status
    well stage 1 from 115 gave me 167 (no performance mods done), they say stage 2 will give me 220-230 with decat and fmic (i think they've been getting some help from dark side developments) as they have maps that get 220-230 on a 115
    Don't want to burst your bubble mate but there is absolutely no way a map, decat and FMIC will give you 220+, even 167 is very optimistic/unrealistic.

When you say "they", who's tuning your car?
    Last edited by ajax1976; 30th July 2013 at 18:42.

6th Gear

Status
    The 115Bhp has a gt1749va cartridge inside old gt17 housing but the turbine has a smaller trim to aid spooling. If the turbo is standard, as above, fmic and stage 2 remap will not go higher than 170Bhp because of the small nozzles ! The 115Bhp bottom end is weaker than the 130Bhp but will be ok at 200Bhp. I suggest you take your motor and have it dyno'ed on a reputable independent rolling road, you might be disappointed ! For reference, how much did it cost you that stage 2 map and mods ?
    NHN likes this.
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit craigcull's Youtube Channel

I'm looking at doing exactly this, is there a bigger disc option with 19's? From what I've read this is the most cost effective upgrade. Really can't go far wrong for that price and the look huge!

1st Gear

Status
    Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to get the 2.0turbo brake set up? It's running around the same sort of power?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audibritz View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to get the 2.0turbo brake set up? It's running around the same sort of power?
    might have a point there. my 170 is running 312's as standard. surely this kind of setup would be a lot easier to source ?

Lava Grey
    B7