Clutch switch fault ??

clarky87xx

Reaction score
i recently fitted cruise control to my audi a4 B7 2007 s-line. The fitting went great but when coming to code the cruise control via vag-com the engine 11463 always reverts back to 00000 is this meant to or should it stay as 11463. I also tested the components through the measuring blocks, wouldn't work at first because I was trying to access group 066 but after further investigating diesels are group 006 and petrol/gasoline are 066.

Anyways after testing bother the cruise switch and pedal switches, I get changes on all movements from the cruise switch and brake pedal switches which would indicate that these are all working correctly. When dipping the clutch and releasing it nothing changes, if im looking at the correct part it just stays as number 1.

does this mean the clutch switch is faulty and would that be a reason the coding is not changing to what it should be.

regards
karl

Assuming you coded in steering & engine, then it could very well be one of the switches, best thing to do is to remove, wire temp in circuit so fools system into thinking all is ok then test cruise, then you have your answer :)

Just a quick update might help someone maybe. It was the clutch switch that was faulty, bought one from audi this morning £16 incl VAT. Just fitted and works great, didn't even need to recode it. Also since I've had the car it's always seemed to be laggy in first gear, just thought this was the car and not a
problem. Since fitting the new switch this has now sorted and feels better and more responsive in every gear.

It seems to be a common enough problem that i'd probably say to most folk just to do the switch as part of the cruise install by default - for what it costs, it makes sense to me just to do it anyway.

Yeh everything else was in place so had to be, did confirm through vagcom. Only thing that was throwing me off was the coding, everytime I coded the engine it was reverting back to 00000. It must be normal for it to do that but couldn't find any info on it. It must have coded correctly because as soon as fitted the.new switch was working didn't need to back into vcds to re code it.

Cruise control stopped working on my car over the weekend and the clutch switch was first to come to mind as it happened on my Mk4 Golf previously. Not got round to fixing it yet but I tested the switch for continuity using a multimeter (should be a closed circuit when the clutch is not pressed and open circuit when the clutch is depressed) and nothing...so decided as I use cruise control everyday, I put a short bit of wire between the pins of the wiring harness temporarily which makes it think the clutch is always up. Cruise control working again! :arco:

NOTE: Cruise control will not de-activate when the clutch is depressed if this TEMPORARY method is used.

Azeem