Milky chrome... gone

Well done pal, defo changes the look, quite like the wind deflectors

That looks awesome.

How did you get on with the rearmost curve? I can't see how it would bend round that curve.

Cheers

Dan

Well done pal, defo changes the look, quite like the wind deflectors

Thank you, My OCD was getting to much and it needed done, I felt like self harming everytime I seen those pesky little hologram looking dots!
haha, well I got them as on my last car they actually did serve a purpose and they were great in the rain, but I seem to still get soaked if I have the window open

That looks awesome.

How did you get on with the rearmost curve? I can't see how it would bend round that curve.

Cheers

Dan

Thank you :)
well I was told that it would curve... and to some extend yes it does but not back on itself like the rear window.
Sadly the only thing I could do was put a straight piece on the bottom line of the chrome and then one running down the whole curve and make the top one overlap.

hardly noticeable when looking at it in person, and as for pics... defo cant see it haha

Thanks for the reply bud, I guessed it would have needed two pieces.

Like I said, that looks awesome in the pictures. A job well done.

I did mine with black electrical tape as a temp measure to check I liked it, and was going to go down the plasti-dip route.

For £20, I think I might give the vinyl a try.

I plasti-dipped my chrome boot protector, but that was simple as its removable.

Any plans to do your front grill, assuming you haven't already?

Dan

i onlt use that tape for the trime best iv found and with a bit of heat and time it does curve all round

Im trying out some stuff next weekend for tfr damaged chrome, I have already replaced the door trim but need the rear quarter light trims doing, will post up some before and after photos, but if this stuff works.......guess a few of you might be interested? :)

Thanks for the reply bud, I guessed it would have needed two pieces.

Like I said, that looks awesome in the pictures. A job well done.

I did mine with black electrical tape as a temp measure to check I liked it, and was going to go down the plasti-dip route.

For £20, I think I might give the vinyl a try.

I plasti-dipped my chrome boot protector, but that was simple as its removable.

Any plans to do your front grill, assuming you haven't already?

Dan

NO problem, as I say I got a little lazy as I was cooking myself with the heat (paying for it today)
I was going to do the plasti dip thing but as this was cheaper and seemed like the better option... we will see I still might haha.
Basically this stuff is just a wider sparky tape, feels the same and stretchy too.

Ye I plasti dipped the boot chrome too, i painted the whole grille last weekend with plasti dip :)

i onlt use that tape for the trime best iv found and with a bit of heat and time it does curve all round
Its a good product no doubt about it, im just not the best with it hence why i think iv made a poor attempt lol

Im trying out some stuff next weekend for tfr damaged chrome, I have already replaced the door trim but need the rear quarter light trims doing, will post up some before and after photos, but if this stuff works.......guess a few of you might be interested? :)

What are you trying? black vinal?
does anyone know if you can actually buy the chrome trims? id be tempted to find a set and paint them properly

I have a spare set of door trims off my car if you want to try?

£10 plus postage and packing will be fine, pm me your address etc and I will let you know the total, it wont be much, just glad to help a fellow member out:)

:D so glad to see this! ive been wondering what it would look like on my car (same colour) i wasn't overly sure it would suit it but it does ! i shall be making this my next simple styling mod on friday :D cheers for that :)

i may do mine in carbon tape though as ive carbon wrapped both pillars, what do you think?

Last edited:
:D so glad to see this! ive been wondering what it would look like on my car (same colour) i wasn't overly sure it would suit it but it does ! i shall be making this my next simple styling mod on friday :D cheers for that :)

i may do mine in carbon tape though as ive carbon wrapped both pillars, what do you think?

Glad to be of service ;)
to be honest if I was guna do it again... id use the carbon vinal, I think it sticks better.
Would look nice mate. get pics up if and when you do it!

£10 plus postage and packing will be fine, pm me your address etc and I will let you know the total, it wont be much, just glad to help a fellow member out:)

I would have been happy to, but iv just scared myself by reading up on how to remove the trims!
no way am I even attempting that haha

i think it might be harder with the vynal though as its quite thick dont you think? what tools did you use i.e heat gun etc?

I honestly don't know, this stuff is nice and thin but when it gets warmer it seems that air bubbles start to appear
I just used hair dryer and 3M squeegee

Removing the trims was also beyond me so got my mate to do it lol

I honestly don't know, this stuff is nice and thin but when it gets warmer it seems that air bubbles start to appear
I just used hair dryer and 3M squeegee

sweet, ive ordered 5x 2meter strips of carbon wrap off ebay for £13.99 inc p+p, may even do my grill surround if i have enough left :) as thats the only chrome left on the car :(.

shall let you know how it goes and if the wrap is decent ill link you to it :)

sweet, ive ordered 5x 2meter strips of carbon wrap off ebay for £13.99 inc p+p, may even do my grill surround if i have enough left :) as thats the only chrome left on the car :(.

shall let you know how it goes and if the wrap is decent ill link you to it :)

Spot on :)
I was looking for some tape sized wrap but none about, only problem I can see is that when you wrap the chrome you push it under and cut... well it doesn't have anything to stick to, so it seems the heat has started to make it release on the edges.
I might have to wrap it again now :(