05 2.0 tdi juddering

stu_m

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hey guys

I have popped over from the B6 side to pick your brains

My brother has an 05 2.0tdi 140 avant that has developed a problem

it keeps juddering as if its misfiring! it does it a little at idle and it mainly does it when sitting between 1800 and 2000 rpm and accelerating through that rev range

also it keeps going in to limp home mode if he boots it or when getting to near 80 mph which I think is overboost from sticking turbo vanes

the turbo is a recent thing and I don't think its related

anyone got any ideas?

I am having a nosey at the weekend I have already had it on VCDS and all the injectors seem fine!

Stu

i had this same problem on my 2.0tdi but it was only a very hard judder at idle...had my egr valve cleaned out and it solved the problem but i can slowly feel the judder coming back...

Thanks for the replies

It's not engine mounts as I say it's like it's a misfire and does it at a steady throttle too

Egr has been cleaned too as that was my first thought

Thanks for the replies

It's not engine mounts as I say it's like it's a misfire and does it at a steady throttle too

Egr has been cleaned too as that was my first thought
try replacing the vacuum actuator on the inlet manifold, it has a rubber diaphragm that is prone to splitting, this cured mine.
you can also clean the swirl flaps in the inlet manifold while you have got it off.

try replacing the vacuum actuator on the inlet manifold, it has a rubber diaphragm that is prone to splitting, this cured mine.
you can also clean the swirl flaps in the inlet manifold while you have got it off.

thats twice I have heard that now!

where is this actuator located and is there a way to test it? would clamping the vac pipe on it confirm whether it is that or not

thats twice I have heard that now!

where is this actuator located and is there a way to test it? would clamping the vac pipe on it confirm whether it is that or not

it is at the front of the engine on the inlet manifold, black plastic with small black vac pipe.
you should be able to test it with a vacuum tester/brake bleeder kit

Here is a pic of actuator. Cost about £10 from TPS and another £10 if you want to replace the gasgets. Easy to do. You will need a couple of cans of choke cleaner too for the inlet manifold flaps. Cured mine of hesitation at around 1800rpm and limp mode fault code 299.

Part number is S03G129061C Vac

Here is a pic of actuator. Cost about £10 from TPS and another £10 if you want to replace the gasgets. Easy to do. You will need a couple of cans of choke cleaner too for the inlet manifold flaps. Cured mine of hesitation at around 1800rpm and limp mode fault code 299.

Part number is S03G129061C View attachment 17935
hi
I got my actuator from audi £11.94 p/n A03G 129 061 C

I will check that out cheers

Part number is S03G129061C View attachment 17935

Well I had a little nosey today and this car does not have this valve!

Well I had a little nosey today and this car does not have this valve!

is the engine code blb? if so it will have this actuator, I will try and post a photo of the location

Not sure on the engine code I will find out tomorrow

Looking at the pic above its to the left of the alternator next to the cam belt cover

Not sure on the engine code I will find out tomorrow

Looking at the pic above its to the left of the alternator next to the cam belt cover

as you look into the engine it is just off centre to the right it is attached to the manifold

Nope definitely not there

Wonder if some have it and some don't

Nope definitely not there

Wonder if some have it and some don't

Mine is a 2007 so maybe it wasn't on the 2005 ?

Have you checked the air filter ?, I read on another forum of someone having similar problems and it turns out his air filter was really clogged up - he changed it and fixed the problem.

Yeah it's been changed along with the fuel filter too

I took the car for a drive today and no juddering at all yet it was doing it for my brother on the way home from work

Its going to get stripped tomorrow to check vac lines etc

Mine is a 2007 so maybe it wasn't on the 2005 ?

Have you checked the air filter ?, I read on another forum of someone having similar problems and it turns out his air filter was really clogged up - he changed it and fixed the problem.
mine is a 2005 140 tdi-strange yours hasn't got one

I'm pretty sure this engine is a BLB too

Its not my car so can't check at the min

this is what is on my 2005 blb 2.0 tdi 140

Last edited by a moderator:
how hard is it to change the actuator as mine is playing up at 1800rpm at low speed thanks

how hard is it to change the actuator as mine is playing up at 1800rpm at low speed thanks
not too hard, egr valve has to come off then the inlet manifold, took me a couple of hours.

mines a 54 plate 2.0 tdi blb and mine does not have one too

When you checked the injectors on VCDS did you do output tests while the car was running?