Volks AutosAH Fabrications

Thread: Alarm!

Welsh Audi Nut

Status

Alarm!

Opened my windows from the key fob today,but didnt open any doors,so the car locked itself with the windows still open,
    Now i didnt disable the interior sensors,after a while the indicators started flashing as if the alarm was goin off, but there was no noise off the alarm.saying that ive never actually heard the alarm on my car!
    Is there a way to check this or is there anything that i can do to test/ get the alarm to work???
    Cheers guys
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    the siren is pob ****ed
    even when they work there not loud at all

3rd Gear

Status
    Is it the alarm when you set it to beep on locking?
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Tried it again now and the alarm does go off but its so quiet i could hardly hear it! Whats the logic in that?? Is there a way of turning the volume up so to speak?? Otherwise whats the point of having an alarm!
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    i said there quiet

no idea why there so quiet

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    i said there quiet

no idea why there so quiet
    Never expected it to be that quiet,its just pointless!
    I thought the whole idea of an alarm was for it to make a loud noise to deter thieves and alert owners.
    What was audi thinking of???

God Mode

Status
    Read something about fitting a louder alarm somewhere... if I can find it i'll post it, there's also a guide on replacement (somewhere again, having a lazy night haha sorry), if I remember rightly it's located in the boot.

3rd Gear

Status
    Its very quiet because the battery inside the siren is finished.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastamouse View Post
    I thought the whole idea of an alarm was for it to make a loud noise to deter thieves and alert owners.
    I don't know about where you live, but no one pays any attention to an alarm going off round me. I think the immobiliser is the most useful bit of the alarm system.

1st Gear

Status
    I read somewhere that theyre quiet due to german noise regulations, not sure how true this is though. I wonder how loud they are on BMWs or Mercs?
    Audi A4 B7 1.9TDi SE | Auto Lights, Wipers & Dimming Mirror | Cruise Control | DIS

Mod's so far: Ambient light, Cupra R splitter, 4300k HID's, Painted Brake Calipers & Hubs, Dice Electronics iPod & Aux, Leather Armrest, Interior, Sidelight & Number Plate LED's, Curry Hooks, Tie Downs, Ambient Footwell LED's, Footwell Lights, Shadow Chrome S-Line (RS6) wheels, Mudflaps, Votex Rear Diffuser, RS4 Rear ARB