Alarm!

Rastamouse

Welsh Audi Nut
Reaction score
Opened my windows from the key fob today,but didnt open any doors,so the car locked itself with the windows still open,
Now i didnt disable the interior sensors,after a while the indicators started flashing as if the alarm was goin off, but there was no noise off the alarm.saying that ive never actually heard the alarm on my car!
Is there a way to check this or is there anything that i can do to test/ get the alarm to work???
Cheers guys

the siren is pob ****ed
even when they work there not loud at all

Tried it again now and the alarm does go off but its so quiet i could hardly hear it! Whats the logic in that?? Is there a way of turning the volume up so to speak?? Otherwise whats the point of having an alarm!

i said there quiet

no idea why there so quiet

i said there quiet

no idea why there so quiet

Never expected it to be that quiet,its just pointless!
I thought the whole idea of an alarm was for it to make a loud noise to deter thieves and alert owners.
What was audi thinking of???

Read something about fitting a louder alarm somewhere... if I can find it i'll post it, there's also a guide on replacement (somewhere again, having a lazy night haha sorry), if I remember rightly it's located in the boot.

I thought the whole idea of an alarm was for it to make a loud noise to deter thieves and alert owners.

I don't know about where you live, but no one pays any attention to an alarm going off round me. :( I think the immobiliser is the most useful bit of the alarm system.

I read somewhere that theyre quiet due to german noise regulations, not sure how true this is though. I wonder how loud they are on BMWs or Mercs?