Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Hydrolic fluid bottle location?

Hi all, I bought my A4 2.4 Cabriloet 05 plate 2 months ago and I love it.However , yesterday as I was takingthe roof down it did all the motions such as windows down, unclipped at front and began to go back but just as the back cover lifted it stopped! I had to figure out ,with the help of some very kind passer byers and a smart phone and a google search,how to mauanlly put it back up again.Success! But I tried the roof again and the same thing happened.Now I am hoping that this is just a low on hydrolic fluid thing going on here but i cannot locate the hydrolic fluid bottle for the roof to check.I have search the boot for over an hour!!!!Can some one be so kind as to tell me where i could find it.

All help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Julia

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone with a Cabriolet will be along shortly to give you the answer.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    This is the reset procedure:

ignition off

remove the osf dash end cap where the fuse box lives and there at the side of the fuse box lives the release tool

On the front cross member above the interior mirror there is a square plastic blank

flick the blank out and insert the tool until the cog engages the motor and turn the red part of the tool handle to engage the tool into the motor

turn the tool anti clockwise to release the top locks and the roof will pop up a bit

Remove the tool and get a second person to lift the roof slowly from the opposite side of the vehicle until front section of the roof is pointing upwards and at the same time lift the rear part of the roof up.

Second person hold the roof in this position and pop the rear seat centre section out

The tool is needed again and it locates inside the ski hatch facing upwards

push the tool upwards again until you locate the motor and repeat the process for the front lock

the roof box will pop up and you need to lift the lid upright and slowly allow the roof to collapse into the storage box

close the lid and lock the motor with the tool then unlock the motor

lift the lid and lift the roof slowly until the front section is pointing at the sky and then shut the lid down and lock the motor

Allow the front section to drop into the front locks and lock the motor

the roof has been opened and closed so the lock micro switches should have reset.

Turn the engine on and open the roof fully then close it fully and that's should do it

if the operation is still faulty then there is a fault

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    This is the reset procedure:

ignition off

remove the osf dash end cap where the fuse box lives and there at the side of the fuse box lives the release tool

On the front cross member above the interior mirror there is a square plastic blank

flick the blank out and insert the tool until the cog engages the motor and turn the red part of the tool handle to engage the tool into the motor

turn the tool anti clockwise to release the top locks and the roof will pop up a bit

Remove the tool and get a second person to lift the roof slowly from the opposite side of the vehicle until front section of the roof is pointing upwards and at the same time lift the rear part of the roof up.

Second person hold the roof in this position and pop the rear seat centre section out

The tool is needed again and it locates inside the ski hatch facing upwards

push the tool upwards again until you locate the motor and repeat the process for the front lock

the roof box will pop up and you need to lift the lid upright and slowly allow the roof to collapse into the storage box

close the lid and lock the motor with the tool then unlock the motor

lift the lid and lift the roof slowly until the front section is pointing at the sky and then shut the lid down and lock the motor

Allow the front section to drop into the front locks and lock the motor

the roof has been opened and closed so the lock micro switches should have reset.

Turn the engine on and open the roof fully then close it fully and that's should do it

if the operation is still faulty then there is a fault
    Thank you for your replies,I think I did all of that yesterday with the help of passers byers, BUT will try again tomorrow when I can get more help.
    I do hope it is as simple as that! Fingers crossed.