Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: LED Tail-lights from BM Town - Long wait, but worth it.

Grumpy Old Man

Status

LED Tail-lights from BM Town - Long wait, but worth it.

They finally arrived today, and twenty minutes of fumbling with a screwdriver and socket later, here they are:

I've had to take the pic through the porch door as I can't be arsed to start the car and move it down the drive three feet!

Everything is LED bar the reversing light, which I can live with. I just had to transfer the existing bulb from the OEM cluster.

They look great as they are, but even better when all lit up. I'll try and get some more pics later when it's a bit dark outside.
    Last edited by jdp1962; 3rd July 2013 at 20:19.
    NHN, sidibear, Macdoon and 4 others like this.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    They do look well made tbh, not lexus like at all imho, which is what put me of others I've seen.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    they look great. was it a straight swap for the oem ones? any trouble when fitting em?

Proud owner of a:
    2.0T FSI quattro A4 S-line (saloon)
    Build thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/192911-just-another-build-thread.html

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM.S View Post
    they look great. was it a straight swap for the oem ones? any trouble when fitting em?
    Straight swap, plug-and-play, except, like I said, you have to swap the reversing light bulb across.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2nd Gear

Status
    that's great lights just added to the wishlist,just need to get some money,convince the missus ha haa...

Proud owner of a:
    2.0T FSI quattro A4 S-line (saloon)
    Build thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/192911-just-another-build-thread.html

5th Gear

Status
    Hurry up and get dark lol
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Neutral

Status
    @JDP1962

I see BM Town do quite a few different styles, what style are your lights? They look perfect.

Thanks
    Everyday:
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI quattro - 2008, Panther Black
    Upgrades: Planning in progress !!!

Weekends:
    Audi ur quattro - 1989 (was 2.2 5cyl turbo, currently evolving to 3.6 V8 twin turbo!)

Registered VAGCOM user.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A_C4mby View Post
    @JDP1962

I see BM Town do quite a few different styles, what style are your lights? They look perfect.

Thanks
    Mine are style 5, red/clear.

4th Gear

Status
    If you don't mind me Askinh where they dear?

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ruairi83 View Post
    If you don't mind me Askinh where they dear?
    £275, including shipping.

1st Gear

Status
    Looking really good Jeff. Looks like it was worth the wait.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Some more photos, still in daylight, though;

With rear light on:

With rear light and fog light on:

Short video clip with rear light, fog light on, and indicator flashing:
    http://s22.photobucket.com/user/jdp1...a1cfa.mp4.html
    V6 Quatt, sidibear, TOM.S and 3 others like this.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I haven't posted a photo with the brake lights on, as my legs aren't 20 feet long. I'm meeting Amason007 tonight, so will get him to hit the pedal while I take a pic.
    Amason007 likes this.

Avantee

Status
    Look spot on mate.

for anyone interested FK automotive have also got rears lights on sale at minute. £155 ish. They're not all LED but still look good.

loving your work Jeff

A4 Avant B7

LED Rear Lights - Mesh Grill - SLC Splittler - Ice White Fogs - Tints - Devil Eyes - Ambient lighting - LED interior

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Tint them
    nice lights but i couldnt live with the black outer edge
    DieselJake likes this.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    Tint them
    nice lights but i couldnt live with the black outer edge
    Heheh! That's one of thing the things I really like about them.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    I haven't posted a photo with the brake lights on, as my legs aren't 20 feet long. I'm meeting Amason007 tonight, so will get him to hit the pedal while I take a pic.
    Jeff,

Really great to meet with you. Some really nice mod's you have. Now get those Pic's up of the brake lights. lol

Andy
    Last edited by Amason007; 4th July 2013 at 21:19.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Amason007 View Post
    Jeff,

Really great to meet with you. Some really nice mod's you have. Now get those Pic's up of the brake lights. lol

Andy
    Nice to meet you too, Andy. Nice thought about the reversing light bulbs, shame they threw an error. Here's the clip of the brake lights.

http://s22.photobucket.com/user/jdp1...5c98c.mp4.html
    Amason007 likes this.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    This is a conspiracy, you 2 getting together :P
    Amason007 likes this.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    This is a conspiracy, you 2 getting together :P
    What's the matter? Worried we're plotting against you?
    Amason007 likes this.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Well I must say, no toast for Mr Mason, I feel privileged :P
    Sandra and Amason007 like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Well I must say, no toast for Mr Mason, I feel privileged :P
    I'm taking no notice of him Jeff..pmsl
    Last edited by Amason007; 5th July 2013 at 22:29.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Just going to get my fabric colour to dye some stitching & stapler to put some holes in some leather :P
    Amason007 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Just going to get my fabric colour to dye some stitching & stapler to put some holes in some leather :P
    AAAARRRRRHHHH no, I was only joking.
    NHN likes this.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    lol, so was I :P

1st Gear

Status
    lol, so was I :P
    Phew...pmsl.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You should know me better than to take me so seriously Pandy lol.
    Amason007 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Jeff,

Nigel is referring to this the FBMFSW he will shortly be installing for me, along with the electric folding mirros. I'll post some pic's once they are installed.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    LOL!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Update on the non-LED reversing lights. Amason007 very kindly brought me some LED bulbs the other day, which fitted perfectly into the new cluster, but sadly threw a bulb error, so he took them away with him. After a bit of searching around (on here and elsewhere), I found these error cancellers, which should arrive tomorrow. They have the same fitting as the reversing light bulb holder on my new clusters, so I'm hoping they'll allow me to use Andy's bulbs after all.

So I've just cycled over to his place - he was in the middle of snow-foam cleaning his Cabriolet - to collect the bulbs, which look like this

There's a half-mile long 1 in 4 hill between me and Andy. I managed to hit 36mph on the way down it - at which speed I can tell you that, lardy b@rst@rd that I am, I have a drag co-efficient of exactly 1.0. Coming up was a different kettle of fish. I didn't even bother to pedal, but just got off and walked up it.

Am reasonably hopeful of being 100% LED at the back by lunchtime tomorrow.
    Last edited by jdp1962; 8th July 2013 at 20:26. Reason: third (make that fourth) attempt to spell "kindly" correctly, God help me!
    Amason007 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Update on the non-LED reversing lights. Amason007 very kindly brought me some LED bulbs the other day, which fitted perfectly into the new cluster, but sadly threw a bulb error, so he took them away with him. After a bit of searching around (on here and elsewhere), I found these error cancellers, which should arrive tomorrow. They have the same fitting as the reversing light bulb holder on my new clusters, so I'm hoping they'll allow me to use Andy's bulbs after all.

So I've just cycled over to his place - he was in the middle of snow-foam cleaning his Cabriolet - to collect the bulbs, which look like this

There's a half-mile long 1 in 4 hill between me and Andy. I managed to hit 36mph on the way down it - at which speed I can tell you that, lardy b@rst@rd that I am, I have a drag co-efficient of exactly 1.0. Coming up was a different kettle of fish. I didn't even bother to pedal, but just got off and walked up it.

Am reasonably hopeful of being 100% LED at the back by lunchtime tomorrow.
    Well done Brad, I'll have a yellow jersey waiting for you next time you visit.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quick update. Error cancellers arrived today, and the reversing light LEDs now work a treat.

Thanks again to Amason007 to the bulbs, and thanks to T8ups for the idea of the cancellers.
    V6 Quatt and Amason007 like this.

Avantee

Status
    like the look of those Jeff have you got a link the LED please mate

Cheers

A4 Avant B7

LED Rear Lights - Mesh Grill - SLC Splittler - Ice White Fogs - Tints - Devil Eyes - Ambient lighting - LED interior

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by B7_FUR View Post
    like the look of those Jeff have you got a link the LED please mate

Cheers
    Click Here. They're the style Five Red/Clear

1st Gear

Status
    Quick update. Error cancellers arrived today, and the reversing light LEDs now work a treat.

Thanks again to Amason007 to the bulbs, and thanks to T8ups for the idea of the cancellers.
    Nice work Jeff. You can't beat the look of a nice crisp white of an LED.

Avantee

Status
    Click Here. They're the style Five Red/Clear
    sorry mate meant the reversing LED. i've got LED rear lights, just the reversing and indicator aren't
    Cheers

A4 Avant B7

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by B7_FUR View Post
    sorry mate meant the reversing LED. i've got LED rear lights, just the reversing and indicator aren't
    Cheers
    Ah, right. Well the bulbs were given to me by Amason007, if you PM him, I'm sure he'll be able to tell you where he got them. For the error cancellers, scroll back up to my post number 30, and click where it says "these error cancellers".

4th Gear

Status
    They finally arrived today, and twenty minutes of fumbling with a screwdriver and socket later, here they are:

I've had to take the pic through the porch door as I can't be arsed to start the car and move it down the drive three feet!

Everything is LED bar the reversing light, which I can live with. I just had to transfer the existing bulb from the OEM cluster.

They look great as they are, but even better when all lit up. I'll try and get some more pics later when it's a bit dark outside.
    I have just ordered the same ones. How long were you waiting for delivery ?
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red front/rear Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra R splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, Debadged, Arm rest delete, LED plate lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Archies On Twitter
    They look awsome, ive got to get some for mine
    Vag-Com enabled. PM if you need a plugin. Im on the map.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Av4nt View Post
    I have just ordered the same ones. How long were you waiting for delivery ?

Ordered on 25 June, arrived 3 July. That's because BM Town had no stock, and had them sent direct from Germany.

If I was buying them today, I wouldn't get them from BM Town, I'd go to the Dectane Outlet shop on Ebay and have them ship direct from Germany. I did that with my DRLs and they arrived in 72 hours (lower prices too.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast