S4 2006 exhaust mods

tailor_mike

Reaction score
Hey ppl, just wondered if you could give me some advise on the standard exhaust set up on my 2006 S4.

It sounds decent as standard, but would like it slightly louder if poss without going down the Milltek route of a cat back system.

Was chatting to a mate of a mate and said i could poss remove the pre cats and resonator before the rear boxes to increase the lovely V8 sound track :)

Just wouldnt want to remove both and it sound like tank after its been done.

Gather from what ive heard is the system has main cats, then pre cats and resonator before the rear boxes ???

Any help/pointers would appreciate it

Mike

gutting the pre cats will definately increase the roar but it will also increase power as this is where the major restriction is in the exhaust system ( if you do decide to do this you need to figure out a method of fooling the ecu that the pre cats are still there or remove the programming completly )
be wary of removing the resonator it will increase the noise of the engine but will also increase the droning effect
they have no effect on performance

Yeh droning may become an issue. Espeacially at low speeds

gutting the pre cats will definately increase the roar but it will also increase power as this is where the major restriction is in the exhaust system ( if you do decide to do this you need to figure out a method of fooling the ecu that the pre cats are still there or remove the programming completly )
be wary of removing the resonator it will increase the noise of the engine but will also increase the droning effect
they have no effect on performance

Thx for the replys :)

So its prob best i stop being a tight wad and just go for a non-res Milltek then really ??

Just dont want to go down the road of having the engine management light keep coming on, ive had it before when doing exhaust mods and its a pain in the **** having to keep going back to get it re set.

So gather with a Milltek, even non-res i wont have any engine management light issues ???

Thx for the replys :)

So its prob best i stop being a tight wad and just go for a non-res Milltek then really ??

Just dont want to go down the road of having the engine management light keep coming on, ive had it before when doing exhaust mods and its a pain in the **** having to keep going back to get it re set.

So gather with a Milltek, even non-res i wont have any engine management light issues ???

Correct. No CEL with non res Miltek catback. Only if you gut pre cats or go catless.. A tune will get rid of CEL though if you decide to frig the DP's. I'm catless now and am waiting for JHM remap.

ive gutted my pre cats and a friend of mine has very kindly altered the map to account for there being no pre cats when starting the car