Muti Function Steering Wiring Broken! and Airbag Fault .. Help!!

sekenzo

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 3 spoke multiple function steering wheel. Was doing a DIY DIS/Cruise control mod today and accidentally snapped the wire on the steering (the connector and wire is now separate). Is there anyway i can get a replacement part or do i need to purchase the whole steering wheel? Also is this the cause of my airbag fault code (below)? Thanks!!

2 Faults Found:

00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100001
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 1048575 km
Time Indication: 0

01587 - Igniter 2 for Airbag; Drivers Side (N250)
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100001
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 1048575 km
Time Indication: 0

Show us a pic of the damage before advisory on what to do next.

As Nigel has said, show us some pics.
But I don't see how you "accidentally" broke the wiring

I have a spare wheel with buttons and wiring intact if interested? Going cheap, just want it out the way.

Sorry for the delay. Here is the pic.. I have sorted the Airbag faults. Turns out to be the loose yellow connector.

I suspect the wire must have caught between the bolt and the airbag when tightening.. the problem is all three wires inside the 'bundle' are not labelled and are all the same color - black!

Photo

How much are you willing to sell the wheel? Is it an sline wheel?

As Nigel has said, show us some pics.
But I don't see how you "accidentally" broke the wiring

I have a spare wheel with buttons and wiring intact if interested? Going cheap, just want it out the way.

The problem is all three wires look the same so it will have to be a trial and error exercise. However, I am very scared to test it with the airbag not fully secured and battery connected... Any advice will be welcome!

You could always send it to me for repair.