B7 Oil Filter Housing leak at bottom

Def-87

B8 2.0TDI S-line
Reaction score
Right went to audi this morning to pick up service parts for servicing my a4 b7 2.0 tfsi quattro.

Before i removed the oil filter housing i had noticed over past couple of weeks there was small leak coming from the bottom.

This afternoon i have just replaced oil and oil filter with new seal. i have just checked and noticed that i am still loosing a small amount of oil from bottom of oil filter housing. i am predicting that the little seal at the bottom of the filter, which is on the orange part where the oil drain hose screws into has perished???
Does anyone know if this is a replacable part of whether a new oil filter housing is required??

Any help would be most appreciated!!!

well mate,only had mine off today what i noticed is that the nipple where the oil comes out can be pushed back into the filter housing,i just pulled it back out with a long nose pliers till it snapped back into place might be worth checking this first

A02 0423

im referring to this picture which shows number (1)
its the orange nipple like with seal??

also does anyone know if the protective cap in picture below (1) is replaceable with part numbers???

A02 0399

Sorry, for going off the thread. I noticed mine seemed to be weeping last time I looked. Not sure if it is stuff left over from the last change. It can be very messy when you change the oil filter using this VAG design...The oil goes ****** everywhere. I also read somewhere else that there is a metal replacement fliter housing available ( non vag ) but not sure who supplies it.

Cheers
A