JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

service and inspection of oil pick up

hi all,i will be servicing my car tomorrow 07 a4 2.0 tfsi quattro,i have heard about blocked pick up pipe so i'm going to whip off the sump while i'm there so the question is what am i looking for when i have the sump off,any tips welcome as well.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Heads up on this.....I have not done mine, though I have the parts sitting gathering dust......there's a metal gasket on the sump 06B103307C which you might need if it's removed.....and if you are going to all that effort you may as well replace the filter / pipe attachment 06F115251B which could well do with replacing....don't think they were too expensive if memory serves me right.

Be interested to know how you get on and what condition the strainer was in. I understood that the 2.0's were better than the 1.8's for sludge pickup but I wanted to this as a precautionary measure too.

Good Luck
    A
    Last edited by Molnboman; 29th June 2013 at 08:32.

2nd Gear

Status
    tks mate,it was late today when i got started so i didn't get a chance to take off the sump,looks like someone all ready had it off, i could see they used gasket sealer on it so with a bit of luck it was done all ready but will get it off next service to make sure.

4th Gear

Status
    The pickup was part of the oil pump on mine. So changed the pump as it was on 92k and had been on long service. Surprisingly my mate said it wasn't to bad. Certainly upped the pressure a bit I think as my chain doesn't grate on startup anymore thank god. Mine was also sealant rather than a gasket
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk