Air Con Not Working

dolcevita4

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've got a problem with the air con. I've just got back from holiday and used my car and the air con stopped working. It worked fine before I left, and it's strange that it just stopped. I've decided to take it for a refill and vacuum test and well it was full and no leaks, checked the wires and the power is transferred to the sensor. When I press the ECON button to switch it on it starts blowing a little more however I can't hear the click.

Any Ideas? also had it on a diagnostic tool and no faults, and fuses are fine.

Pressure switch maybe, G65 is a common one for some cars, did you use vcds?

Does econ go out ok when pressed or comes back on immediately.

Check fuses.

Could be a goosed compressor, magnetic clutch.

Nope, I've used snap on one.

the fuses are fine and when the button is pressed the red light goes off as it should.

if a goosed compressor or magnetic clutch is there any way of fixing the unit or is it a new compressor?

I've been quoted 280 for genuine one from eurocarparts

TBH if taking it out then my advice is replace for new, as if it goes wrong soon after, its all the expense again, they usually last a fair while, but as with everything they can go anytime & usually the issues are because people don't use aircon for ages just normal air.

It maybe something else, so get diagnosed properly then you know your costs required to fix.

yeah, cheers for the advice. I'm gonna change it this week :)

do you use the aircon with econ light on or off ?

the econ light off, the air con compressor is changed now and works as it should. thanks for advices