Badger5EM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

2005 audi a4 2.0tdi S-Line - Loss of power, Smoke from exhaust & now will not idle

Hi I'm new to this page.

Had my A4 for over 3 years and never had any problems with it..... until now

Was wondering if any of you guys have had any similar problems or know anyone that has.

Was driving on the motorway and engine lost all power, put the foot down & would not accelerate at all. This was temperamental for 10-15 miles until it got worse. Car wouldn't accelerate & black smoke from exhaust when i tried. Eventually i had to pull over as it wouldn't go anywhere, so i called AA who recovered me home. The technician suggested that the DPF could be faulty but my to my knowledge my car hasn't got DPF. After car got recovered to my home address i tried to start it but it just cuts out after it has started. I thought MAF may be faulty so i replaced it but still no deference. So i am now left unsure what is causing this to happen.

Any input would be highly appreciated as i am concerned incase it is something serious.

Cheers,

cshoreduffy.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cshoreduffy View Post
    Hi I'm new to this page.

Had my A4 for over 3 years and never had any problems with it..... until now

Was wondering if any of you guys have had any similar problems or know anyone that has.

Was driving on the motorway and engine lost all power, put the foot down & would not accelerate at all. This was temperamental for 10-15 miles until it got worse. Car wouldn't accelerate & black smoke from exhaust when i tried. Eventually i had to pull over as it wouldn't go anywhere, so i called AA who recovered me home. The technician suggested that the DPF could be faulty but my to my knowledge my car hasn't got DPF. After car got recovered to my home address i tried to start it but it just cuts out after it has started. I thought MAF may be faulty so i replaced it but still no deference. So i am now left unsure what is causing this to happen.

Any input would be highly appreciated as i am concerned incase it is something serious.

Cheers,

cshoreduffy.
    I had almost the identical symptoms on mine. Get the car scanned but mine turned out to be the EGR valve which had locked solid.
    Cost for a new EGR at my Indy was circa £250 fitted if I remember correctly. Good luck and keep us posted .

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    If the EGR has failed/locked in whatever position it should of thrown up an EML. If it comes back as being a dodgy EGR get it deleted. Ask a local tuner to do an EGR delete software upload so that you can in your own time remove the god-for-saken valve as its useless.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Boost pipe off / leaking

Is smoke black?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan Pics View Post
    Boost pipe off / leaking

Is smoke black?

The chap with the problem says his smoke is black as was the smoke from my own vehicle.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've checked for any faults on ECU with my own basic code reader but it's not showing any faults present.

Yeah smoke was black when i was trying to accelerate when it felt the engine had no power at all.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    boost leak of some kind, id be looking for a hose off/split. Probably one of them metal ended clip in hoses popped out

Reverse Gear

Status
    Can't see any hoses or pipes off. Tried changing fuel filter in the off chance it was something stupid but sadly no luck. Car is still cutting out after starting. Seem to get funny noise from EGR valve area when i turn the ignition on though....