Fitting H&R Lowering Springs on a Quattro Cab

Andy27168

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just bought a set of H&R 30mm lowering Springs for my 3.0TDI Quattro Sport Cab, from Damien at DPM (Thanks Damien).
Can anyone tell me the approx. labour time these springs will take to fit on my car? So I get some idea of how much it is going to cost.
Any info always welcome.

I had my bog standard B7 lowered last week and my local VAG indy in Inverness charged me £360, took around 4 hrs incl wheel alignment. Out of interest how much did you pay for your springs? I bought the same H&R springs for £105 from Germany inc shipping.

Time all depends on if you can get the pinch bolts out!!!........Buy some spears before you start.

£360 sounds very dear to just fit a set of springs....

My thoughts too a bit pricey?? More like £150 for springs £80 for full 4wd alignment (if 4wd) 2WD a bit cheaper??

Time all depends on if you can get the pinch bolts out!!!........Buy some spears before you start.

£360 sounds very dear to just fit a set of springs....

Cheers for the replies guys, So about £150ish seems to be the going rate, so probably around 3 hours to replace, going by the rates of the indys around here.
Regarding the alignment, will this definitely need doing? if adjustment is required does it need extra parts? eg different bolts, shims spacers etc.

There should be no need to remove pinch bolts there is an easy way round it. There should be no need for any extra parts either its pretty straight forward to fit then just the alignment. I notice your in Southampton, a mate of mine is a mechanic in Ringwood he did mine so if you get stuck I can point you in his direction

Reactions: Andy27168 and V6 Quatt
x2
There should be no need to remove pinch bolts there is an easy way round it. There should be no need for any extra parts either its pretty straight forward to fit then just the alignment. I notice your in Southampton, a mate of mine is a mechanic in Ringwood he did mine so if you get stuck I can point you in his direction