Turbo Wastegate

pburv

Reaction score
Hi all. It seems that the wastegate on my 2.0 tfsi turbo is loose possibly broken/worn out.. It is the 220 bhp bul engine type..Do I need a new turbo? or can it be a simple quick fix??The symptoms are a very distinct rattle when I lift off the throttle ? My local garage have kindly given it a once over and seem to think the rattle comes from the wastegate on the turbo manifold..Any helpfulll advice would be deeply appreciated..:o.k:

Thanks for the reply Stringster.I had a good read of that post and I don,t think it helps me much..I really think the wastegate on my turbo is on it,s way out and the only solution is to get rid of the car before it develops further.Don,t want to spend upto £1,000 on replacing turbo on an 7 year old car:(

If it's same as the turbo off the Audi TT, VW Golf, Skoda, Audi A3, etc there's a fair few on eBay for less than three hundred, either way don't get rid.

Hi Dieseljake.I have been told that the turbo is the same as the 200bhp a4 TFSI,s...As I,m not that much of a mechanic I am forced to have the car done in a garage. With this cost and best part of £300 to buy a second hand turbo which might not be 100% I really can,t justify the spend..When my little boy starts school full time next year I will have some spare cash to buy a more upto date A4:eyebrows: but as for now I might be leaving the Audi scene for a while:sob: I will find out in the next couple of weeks..