Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jdp1962
  • 2 Post By GarJE

Thread: E-Con Smell

Reverse Gear

Status

E-Con Smell

When I run the E-con in low there's a urine smell. In A/C mode it's fine. I recently renewed the cabin filter for a carbon type. Any ideas?

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    It needs a aircon bomb to clean out the bacteria in the system, you can buy these at various places, try this 1st with aircon on full & the recirc button enabled or its pointless, as Jeff found out recently lol.

Audi do offer a fumigate option, but try this 1st as they charge allot more.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    & the recirc button enabled or its pointless, as Jeff found out recently lol.
    Thank you for reminding everyone.
    NHN likes this.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I love you too :P

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Heheheh!

On a serious note to Shaunos, the Comma aerosol cleaner is really excellent. Even if it doesn't fully cure the smell first time (which it probably will), treating it again with a second can will still be way cheaper than any dealer treatment. I also saved the cost of a new cabin filter by cleaning and re-using the existing one.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    I think mine cost around £26 at Audi when it was in for a service. The aircon bomb was on offer, but they forgot to list it on the works so I wasn't charged, though I did mention it.

Had to clean the inside of the windows a few times afterwards though as it left a kind film on them.

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

Neutral

Status
    Pull the glovebox off and you'll see a rubber plug on the side of the evaporator core.

Direct a jet of water into that and catch the run-out from the floor vents with a towel.

Best solution I've found to the smell.

Lasts 3-4 years.
    sidibear and marky67 like this.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Oh, and last of all, if you want to get rid of the urine smell for good, stop peeing in the air vents.