A4 2.0TFSI Quattro S-Line Mods

tweaked9107

Reaction score
I thought I'd just create one thread and stick with it rather than create a new one every time I want to ask a question. So this shall be that thread.

I'm gonna get a Shark stage 1 re-map done to start with and then I'm looking at a few other options.

The blowoff valve I mentioned earlier seems rather pointless at the end of the day and it isn't something I'm completely sold on either. I would like an exhaust with a bit more of a raspy tone along the lines of of an RS4. I know this has a 4.2 V8 so I wouldn't be able to replicate it exactly, but along similar lines would be good. The only issue is I don't want it to sound stupidly loud and annoying at low revs like you see from some idiot in a Corsa. I don't want people turning around because of a stupid noise being made at 30mph in 3rd or 4th. Any idea's what may fit those requirements?

Also, what other mods would you guys recommend?

Miltek and a panel filter will give you a lovely sound without being over the top

Is that a case of any Miltek exhaust will do or is there a specific one I should be looking toward?

Also what sort of price for it fitted should I be looking at?

Last edited:
Anyone had any experience with AmD Tuning in Essex?

I've just been looking at their website and I can pretty much get everything I want fully fitted from them in one hit.

AmD Tuning Re-map + rolling road - £200 fitted (50% with Milltek exhaust)
Cambelt + Water Pump fitted - £370
Milltek Turbo-back - £870 fitted
Pipercross performance panel filter - £36

So all in its £1476 fully fitted which sounds pretty damn reasonable.

I come unstuck when it comes to the exhaust though.

>Should I get the 90mm or 100mm tailpipes? I like the ones on the RS4, what are they?
>How badly will not getting a Milltek Hi-flow sports cat affect performance?
>Also, are there any other mods that I should consider/get done?
>I read in another thread about the clutch not being able to handle the extra torque, could that be the case with my 2.0TFSI Quattro clutch?

Last edited:
100mm tails
rs4 tail pipes dont look right with your valance and milltek dont do them
other mods RS4 rarb
your clutch should be find with stage 1 remap.

Sounds good, go 100mm, hi flow will make a difference as cats are very restrictive.

Mines a miltek sport (I think), and a lovely sound

Only issue is that the sports cat just adds that much more to the cost. Can't really stomach 2k+ at the moment. Might have to wait a year before I do that.

So I'm getting my A4 modified next month and my insurance is due at the same time.

I'm getting a Milltek turbo-back exhaust with a hi-flow sports cat, a pipercross panel filter, and a stage 2 re-map.

I'm 21 years old, with 4 years driving and 4 years no claims at the time of renewal.

I went on comparethemarket and declared the mods and my insurance will only be £100 more expensive than if I didn't have the modifications. I find this hard to believe as I am going to be seeing an increase from 200bhp to 260bhp+. The price comparison site did not ask for any facts or figures, it was purely just ticking a box to declare the mods. When it comes to actually renewing should I expect the insurer I choose to make me call them and talk at detail about the modifications, and then watch my insurance double? Or is it just what it says on the tin?