Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What Tyres do you have?

Reverse Gear

Status

What Tyres do you have?

Hi all,
    I have had my B7 A4 Avant sline now for just over a year and in the market very soon for some new rubber.
    The car is used as a work car 90% of the time, so no need for soft sticky tyres just a good allrounder that last well.
    Does any one have any good recomondations i have been told to look at Avons as a brand.
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    ive got some bridgestone potenza's think there called on the front at the moment got em part worn almost brand new at £60 for pair, cant fault them would consider them for next time i need some deffo

1st Gear

Status
    yokohama S Drives for me done 14k on them and no problems still going strong.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Vredestein Ultrac Vorti. Done about 8-10k on them so far and they are amazing in the wet!

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

Back from the dead

Status
    I'm in the same situation. "www.camskill.co.uk" now list the EU tyre ratings. Falken ZE914 Ziex Ecorun Falken ZE 914 seem to do quite well (Fuel Eff.: C Wet Grip: B NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 71dB) and I had Falkens before so might give them a go.

4th Gear

Status
    I've had Kumho KU39 s for about 9k miles now. Still going strong and happy with the grip.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I've got Falken ZE912s all round, and am a big fan. Good grip, quiet and comfortable. As a previous poster mentioned the ZE914, I'm guessing that's the latest model.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

1st Gear

Status
    BF Goodrich in here. fitted when I bought the car. not happy with them at all.
    +1 on falkens. they're ace

2005silver A4 2.0T FSI quattro S-line (saloon)
    18'' alloys,RNS E,Silicone Tip,MTEC brakes,HEL steel braided brake lines,H&R springs (45mm)
    Build thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/192911-just-another-build-thread.html

5th Gear

Status
    Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas.............Fricken' awesome
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.

1st Gear

Status
    I have Avon's on mine and they are brilliant!

moderately amusing

Status
    goodyear eagle f1 assymetric 2 on mine and are amasing!
    read the reviews don't take my word for it!
    never known a tyre grip so well in the wet, being england that is about 70% of the time and good in the dry too!
    Biddyy likes this.
    .................................................. ..........

Neutral

Status
    Previously had Dunlop Sport Maxx TT.... and got 21k (80% motorway driving)
    Recently changed to the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT, (don't think they make the TT brand anymore) much quieter than the TT, and have more grip..... just hoping that they will last as long!
    audilad9 likes this.
    A4 2.0 TDi 170 Quattro S Line
    Phantom Black

5th Gear

Status
    Oh not this old chestnut again!...hahaha Conti Sport 5's, and the best wet driving tyre I have ever had the pleasure to travel in!

BR
    A

Neutral

Status
    Falken FK453 - Only been on for a week, but so far so good. Impressed with the grip.

1st Gear

Status
    I have 4 ditch finder specials on mine at the moment, they were put on new when I bought the car, ok in the dry frikkin scary in the wet!!

im off on holiday soon so will be swapping them out before I go... I want the Pirelli rosso's off the S4 but sammi is having none of it!! Doh
    sammi and Macdoon like this.

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    Rosso P Zeros all round.

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

1st Gear

Status
    Avon ZZ5 235/35-19Y XL from camskill.. Great until now...

Missed gear

Status
    Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas

Great tyre and great price
    B7 A4 Avant S-line Special Edition v2 2.0 TFSi - AmD stage 1 - 263Bhp 396Nm

2nd Gear

Status
    Nankang Ultra Sports.

Yup, you did read correctly. Nankangs.

'Good' tyres would be wasted on my car - so these do the job I need to do, and do it well enough for me to be happy with them.

Neutral

Status
    4 Tesco value tyres here. Had no choice as I'm skint at the moment and all 4 needed doing last month. Never really been a tyre connoisseur anyway though.
    Audi A4 (B7) 2.0T FSI SE Quattro

5th Gear

Status
    sayin that i had some wan ling tyres all round and they wa mint before a got them bridgestones, alsong as its got legal tread im happy not exactly tackling nurburgring round eya

1st Gear

Status
    Never mind the tires.. They're just what keeps the car on the road.. But never mind that :/

1st Gear

Status
    I'm needing new tyres pronto. Interesting reading through everyones personal choices. I have Falken 912's and although I have been happy with them in all aspects of driving, they have lasted less than 10k miles evenly all round though I may add

So after reading this thread I'm thinking Contisport 5's which review well or the cheaper option of trying the newer Falken 914 which are decent in spec for £ 36 less per corner but will they wear any good ? Hmmmmm
    2004 B6 A4 1.9 tdi quattro sport. Ebony black. S line RS6 style wheels. Black diamond drlled and grooved brakes all round, predator pads.
    K&N 57i induction. EGR delete. Custom Remap.
    LED lights. Ambient lighting. Factory armrest. B7 aero wiper upgrade. Team Heko wind deflectors.

Wanted : Rust free wings. S4 brakes. Aluminium mirrors. RS4 RARB. Clutch upgrade.

Just fitted 235/40/18 Dunlop Sport MAXX RT's, hoping for great things !

Tiptronic

Status
    Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas, good in the dry and fantastic in the wet (when you really need the extra grip)

Had mine for 10 months, 8000 miles, including 2 track sessions and only lost 2mm
    Macdoon likes this.

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEZ View Post
    goodyear eagle f1 assymetric 2 on mine and are amasing!
    read the reviews don't take my word for it!
    never known a tyre grip so well in the wet, being england that is about 70% of the time and good in the dry too!
    ^^^What he said!!^^^
    2006 A4 DTM, Silver, Front and rear OEM Parking sensors, OEM RS4 Xenons, OEM RNS-E plus, 6 Stack CD Changer, APR Carbonio CAI, Rev D DV, Autotech HPFP + OEM Follower, Revo Stage 1, New thermostat, R8 RED Coil packs, so far!

To Do: Coilovers, Sport Cat RAI/034, Milltek Cat Back, Revo Stage 2+, & finally take a break?!

"quattro - try it, you won't look back!" :D

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmurphy21187 View Post
    Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas, good in the dry and fantastic in the wet (when you really need the extra grip)

Had mine for 10 months, 8000 miles, including 2 track sessions and only lost 2mm
    Had my Vredestein Ultrac Vorti's about 3-4 months 8,000 miles mostly motorway driving and lost 3mm all round (7mm when new).

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

Audi Newbie

Status
    I run Uniroyal Rainsport 2's.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Un...ainsport-2.htm

The way I see it, the roads are wet in the UK more often than not and snow tyres aren't worth having in the UK so tyres that are especially good in the wet are a good choice for all year-round. They are owned by Continental so the quality should be decent too.

1st Gear

Status
    I've used rainsports before and always rated them. How have you been finding them on the B7?

Neutral

Status
    I have had all sorts in the past but got a puncture on the way home from work a couple of weeks ago and the nearest tyre fitting center only had Michelin pilot sport 3. So had them fitted to the front.
    Not cheap but my god they are awesome.

1st Gear

Status
    i run falkens on both cars
    ze912 on leon 25k with general/fast use good wear and wet/dry grip
    fk452 on evo tme good wet/dry grip not being funny i expect to see 10k just
    i use to run toyo proxes tr1 but they did not last 7k max

Audi Newbie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-Vspec View Post
    I've used rainsports before and always rated them. How have you been finding them on the B7?
    Perfect, I don't thrash around the place but they give plenty of confidence in wet and dry, seem to be wearing well so far and the tread pattern looks really good on the car too

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexthesparky View Post
    Hi all,
    I have had my B7 A4 Avant sline now for just over a year and in the market very soon for some new rubber.
    The car is used as a work car 90% of the time, so no need for soft sticky tyres just a good allrounder that last well.
    Does any one have any good recomondations i have been told to look at Avons as a brand.
    Cheers
    I have run my last two Audis on Chinese Maxxis tyres at circa £55 a corner. They are a hard compound tyre which wear very, very well .
    Typically I get 30,000 plus out of a front set and 50,000 out a rear set. Even then I will have 3mm or more tread left on the tyre!
    The problem is with these cheap tyres they are not the best for cornering in the wet and as such you need to respect this weakness.
    I usually change the tyres at well before the wear indicator appears to make sure I retain grip in the wet ( hence the reason I get rid with circa 3mm still showing).

Audi Newbie

Status
    I had a very close call on way to work with the cheap Chinese tyres on that came with the car, I had to stand on the pedal when someone pulled into the roundabout I was in without looking and it made me realise that wet weather performance is just not worth compromising on.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tr3m5 View Post
    I had a very close call on way to work with the cheap Chinese tyres on that came with the car, I had to stand on the pedal when someone pulled into the roundabout I was in without looking and it made me realise that wet weather performance is just not worth compromising on.
    I find the tyres give me no stopping issues but the tail end can feel "whippy" if I corner too hard in the wet. That said I am an old ******* so I don't drive the car anywhere near its limits.

5th Gear

Status
    On the subject of tyres......why buy cheap?.....three things I have never tried to cut corners on ( excuse the pun ) I have always went for the best tyres I could afford and match that up with good quality discs and pads....three things that can be the difference between life and death literally....not worth it imho.

Cheers
    A

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    On the subject of tyres......why buy cheap?.....three things I have never tried to cut corners on ( excuse the pun ) I have always went for the best tyres I could afford and match that up with good quality discs and pads....three things that can be the difference between life and death literally....not worth it imho.

Cheers
    A
    I am from Yorkshire and I drive carefully.
    Just because they are cheap doesn't necessarily mean they are bad !

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B7 View Post
    I am from Yorkshire and I drive carefully.
    Just because they are cheap doesn't necessarily mean they are bad !
    Aye, a true Yorkshireman indeed!....and that's sweet, coming from a Jock! hehehe agreed Paul, but there's a difference between cheap costing tyres and bad tyres though!

BR
    A

3rd Gear

Status

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    Aye, a true Yorkshireman indeed!....and that's sweet, coming from a Jock! hehehe agreed Paul, but there's a difference between cheap costing tyres and bad tyres though!

BR
    A

Agreed
    Molnboman likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Just gone for a pair of Falken 914, £253.20 fitted on my drive by Etyres.

Not having ditch finders on the car with a young child in it!

Tbh spent over an hour on the computer, considered performance, inconvenience of driving to a fitting centre etc.
    Read the reviews & considered everything, this is as good as it gets
    Audi A4 Avant TDI 170 S-Line
    1992 Saab 900 T16S Convertible

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ESD1711 View Post
    Nankang Ultra Sports.

Yup, you did read correctly. Nankangs.

'Good' tyres would be wasted on my car - so these do the job I need to do, and do it well enough for me to be happy with them.
    ^^^ what he said ^^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast